Discuss What have you been up to lately? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Just thought I'd quickly check in to see what you guys have been up to lately.

Any decent jobs you've done? Moved house? Been on holiday? Bought any new tools? New van? Got a new job? Finished training? Found a new employee?

Fill us all in. :)

Keep it polite and clean lads and ladies, this is in a public forum.

Well I have retired, now I just travel

I gave all my tools to an apprentice

Since I retired 3 years ago, I have travelled over 250000 miles,

I have been Overland to Australia, that took 8 months

Been to Sth America, India, now planning a 8-9 month trip to Africa

I think I have worked long enough now, so I think I am entitled to do what I want now

Plumbing paid for all of this, I saved my money, never ****ed it away

I can still do any work, but I just pick and choose the jobs I want and they are for cash only

Well lads enjoy yourselves out there, there is now one less

Last edited by a moderator:

I think I have worked long enough now, so I think I am entitled to do what I want now

I can still do any work, but I just pick and choose the jobs I want and they are for cash only

I'm not jealous at all!!! Honestly.

I have been daft and gone self employed I'm enjoying it but not earning a lot at the moment but slowly getting busier.

So there is life after plumbing then! :)

Oh man busy

Iv been really busy fitting boilers & teaching my nephew the ropes, done 6 boiler swaps and three full installs boiler reads pipe etc all in one month;0/

Lately seems to be work work oh and more work, i have no life and i dream of sodder lol, Seriously i need to start saying no and that im to busy, the closest i get to a good pint nowadys is a wee trip to the arms lol,
It really is a sore fight for half a loaf,

Bought a new van on Sept 1st. First time I've ever bought a brand new vehicle.
Got a shiny new apprentice.
Got a qualified lad working for me part-time as well.
Just finished commercial gas changeover.

Been a busy summer... :)

got into an inshore lifeboat this evening, the small bouncy things, to go check out a calf that had fallen down a cliff. Realised 5 minutes into the trip why old gits like me should remain on all weather boats (the ones with tea making facilities), so spotted said animal, to rough to put boat on beach, swam ashore with another crewman, bouncing off several rocks on the way. Approached beastie, who had grown into an 8 month old steer as we got closer. Poor beast was obviously suffering and refused to take to the water to allow us to get it to safety and chasing it around would only have got it a broken leg slipping up, or me a broken something! So now it was a 50 metre swim out to the boat against 2-3 metre waves, luckily fear and adrenalin do work and gets you to said boat eventually. Funniest bit was the helm telling the two now exhausted old crewmen to call up the coasties and tell them we on our way home, once you have your breathe back he added. Farmer will have to take action himself to deal with the poor beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What have you been up to lately? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
So it is time for me to scrap my vivaro which has just be written off my the insurance company after someone crashed into the van while parked...
Replies
Views
Okay. So I have a ground floor shop and second floor flat for sale (potentially). No major need to get shot of them, but not a lot of point...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock