Search the forum,

Discuss Wet Room Installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Folks

I've been asked to quote for installation of a wet area 900mm x 900mm which is a first for me. Can anyone help me out by recommending a product which is simple to fit?

It's going in a wood floor with about a 1 metre void beneath.

Any advice at all would be much appreciated including how long I can expect it to take. :dunce2:

Thanks dontknowitall. Sorry to be a pain but it's not very clear on the website. Is the membrane and tanking gear all included in the kit?

A while since I installed one but I think everything's separately priced and, therefore, not included as one kit. You could phone and find out for clarification.

It's actually a wet area within the bathroom for an elderly lady.

Thanks a million to both of you for your advice. This really is an amazing forum. I hope I can help you guys out in the future.

i always use aquadec from impey you can see a sample install on youtube its a good system and if fitted properly its trouble free it is expensive though. Dont forget you will need a 2" waste for it,mots of the ones i do include a full bathroom refit including tiles and under tile heating and take around 3 weeks

Thanks plumbing 4 6.

This is a full bathroom refit including tiles but no underfloor heating. The time for the job you have given is a great help.

Try here, Linear Wet-Dec / Wet-Dec This is an excellent easy to fit system that I've used, but quite expensive for what it is.

Make sure you get the tiling spot on and don't use silicone sealant any where near this product as it will dissolve it. Good luck with your first install, just take your time, and it will all work out fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wet Room Installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
HI folks, is it possible/feasible/reasonable to insatll an ufh manifold and system (for a 17m2 room) from a disused CH 15mm flow and return? I would install a 15 to 22mm reducer into a pump then a 2 port manifold then into the floor then. back into the return of the manifold. Its an old...
Replies
Views
I am looking into a new Main eco compact / Baxi 618 system boiler set up for PDHW (if its possible) I was hoping to use the EPH controls priority hot water pack I currently have a 15year old HWC around 900mm tall by 450mm dia would I benefit from a new fast recovery HWC for the system (I...
Replies
Views
I'll start this by saying I'm hoping to sort this by diy / minimal professional help as I'm a very tight budget! I've got a walk-in shower in a wet room. The shower has a tiled-over former with an additional ring of tiles around it. When the shower's in use, a drip comes through into the room...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Looking for some advice. My mother recently had her boiler changed but in the process the water had to be turned on and off as you would expect and the engineer broke of the handle. Luckily it seems you can close the valve with some pliers on the but I don't believe this is best for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient to heat the rooms. We have only a woodburning stove (15kW nominal output) that heats our open plan lounge/kitchen/diner directly (6.5kW from the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock