Discuss Wet and dry saves the day again. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xpertbert

If you don't use one, I can not state this enough. Bloody buy one.

Went to swap pump, motorised valves, fit in a magna clean all in airing cupboard. Cylinder looked in good nick, so we decided with customer on original inspection and quote to leave it, I took a 2 port valve off with absolute great care. Went to van came everything still fine, then the noise that we all hate. Ttssssssss. Cylinder gone. Panic stations. Tank full of water cylinder full of water, on my own. But I wasn't, I had my trusty Hoover to help. No water damage. New cylinder. Happy days. But could of gone wrong without the Hoover . One of the best bits of kit. Used for about 15 years now. And would never be without one. Phew!!

i still struggle to understand the wet-vac! Could you explain exactly how you use it please, Cheers!!

generally they come with a dry filter and a wet filter just don't use dry filter for wet work or you will goose it(the filter). with the wet filter on which is generally just a foam cylinder which goes where the dry filter goes. in wet form it sucks up liquids for instance emptying cisterns and pans, draining down radiators and many more uses.

E.g, swapping rad valves water dripping , suck it out. Air lock on hot get it over hot tap open tap turn Hoover on hey presto no air lock.
Oops black sludge on carpet. Get a water spray gun . Spray into sludge . Then start Hoover suck the dirt. Clean carpet. Trying to solder a fitting that as water. Get the Hoover.
dirtyty system get sucking.
Changing a wc. Suck that water out of cistern and toilet for a easy carry out.
The list goes on. Oh and you can Hoover your dust lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I leave my trusty charles (wet version of henry) in the van most of the time but every time I've called for his help its been invaluable.

Last time it was used was a blocked soil pipe (internal soil stack), used it to clear all the water so I could get at the blockage. Save me a lot of mess and towels.

ok thank's! i still dont understand how you would drain a rad with one? would you just crack open the nut and hold the nozzle up to where the water is pouring out?

If you don't use one, I can not state this enough. Bloody buy one.

Went to swap pump, motorised valves, fit in a magna clean all in airing cupboard. Cylinder looked in good nick, so we decided with customer on original inspection and quote to leave it, I took a 2 port valve off with absolute great care. Went to van came everything still fine, then the noise that we all hate. Ttssssssss. Cylinder gone. Panic stations. Tank full of water cylinder full of water, on my own. But I wasn't, I had my trusty Hoover to help. No water damage. New cylinder. Happy days. But could of gone wrong without the Hoover . One of the best bits of kit. Used for about 15 years now. And would never be without one. Phew!!

How big is your wet vac? Mine doesn't have enough capacity for more then a toilet cistern full of water!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wet and dry saves the day again. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock