Discuss Well That Ain't Gonna Work! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Emergency call out this afternoon, warmflow, heat only oil boiler locked out. Only 5 minutes away so shot straight over.

Oil was delivered yesterday at two in the afternoon and the boiler locked out last night at six when it was due to come on.

So straight in, reset the lockout and it sounded like a fuel issue. 'Did you run out of fuel before the delivery', 'No'.
Fair enough, oil pressure gauge in and my trusty half litre coke bottle. Within a crack I had half a litre of nearly clear water. Gonads. Water out of tank, flushed the line, couple more bottles out and she fires up like a good one.

Customer was a bit glum until I told her she's about twenty years ahead of her time. She had a puzzled look on her face. I said running boilers on fresh water. At least I left her warm and smiling. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Well That Ain't Gonna Work! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Okay. Long storey but, I'll try & keep it as short as possible. We are buying a house that is in a little rural village so no gas. A guy...
Replies
Views
Boilers been running fine since its last service in March but it went to lockout so I removed the front panel and found that the water pressure...
Replies
Views
Since moving to our property in Dec 2017, the Worcester Bosch Greenstar 18/25 Heatslave, has had a recurring lockout problem, which 3 OFTEC...
Replies
Views
Good evening... As the post states. I am going through paperwork before work begins again tomorrow AM. I have an unpaid job, it is from a very...
Replies
Views
Hi I am a newbie and hate to join and ask for help straight away. I am having issues with my wet underfloor heating using serious oil, 900...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock