Search the forum,

Discuss UFH issues and questions help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am a newbie and hate to join and ask for help straight away.

I am having issues with my wet underfloor heating using serious oil, 900 litres in 45 days gone, i have it on 8 hours but have also run it on all the time but it doesn’t matter what I do i uses a lot of oil.

upstairs radiators barely on once a week maybe and an hour of hot water each day. I could write a book on it but will keep it as brief as I can. Its a hep2o system with two manifolds a 12 port and a 6 port controlled by two micro center controllers, 12-8 and 12-4. Run by a Warmflow 150/170 boiler.

The problems started a few years back when one of the controllers Micro centre 12-8 stopped working the relay for heat demand was permanent on.. I got it replaced however I believe the electrician mixed up the wiring for the actuators as some of the stats are not working the correct zone, which I can work out myself hopefully. However both separate

flow manifolds do not run equal temp? Regardless of the valve setting 1-5 on the end of the flow manifold, The 8 port is 45 degrees the 12 port is 55 degrees. Why would this be? Both are fead straight from the boiler? Also what purpose do the valves on the end of each flow manifold serve? They link a pipe into the return side? Is this to recirculate the return?

Also recently the actuators on the 8 port manifold have stopped opening when the heating turns on , they only open if you go to a stat in that zone and go from full demand to zero and back why is this? They work fine then for the full 8 hours until the next time the heating turns on they do the same fault.

Should a mix valve not have been installed in the system? As rads run 80 degrees and ufh 40 to 60?? I have my boiler at 60 which is the lowest it goes for the ufh which is high to me, its a big boiler too warmflow 150 I believe it is too big for what we using it for mainly the ufh. Can a different jet be installed to reduce oil consumption and temperature?

I think the install has been a bodge the house was only built in 2008 and it has been a very troublesome system with high running costs.

I am an mechanical engineer by trade but definitely not an expert when it comes to UFH so treat me kindly and thanks for any help or advice. I can attach photos of the system when I get home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to UFH issues and questions help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Do people with this type of mixed flow temperature control have any problems with achieving the required manifold flow temperature? The one below I think is similar to the TIO Mixing unit. In the unit below, the hot (boiler) water enters from the bottom left, red arrow, up through the "mixing...
Replies
Views
G
HI folks, is it possible/feasible/reasonable to insatll an ufh manifold and system (for a 17m2 room) from a disused CH 15mm flow and return? I would install a 15 to 22mm reducer into a pump then a 2 port manifold then into the floor then. back into the return of the manifold. Its an old...
Replies
Views
We have a three zone heating system plus water cylinder (OSO Super S 250L) on an Valliant EcoTec 637. Two CH zones and a UFH zone. Boiler is rarely at maximum power rating, even at full tilt. The UFH zone has it's own pump and the other two zones (three storey house) are just pumped from the...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone I wasn’t sure whether to post this in here or UFH but hopefully I’m posting this in the correct group. I’m in the throes of a full renovation and am currently designing the central heating system, I’m installing radiators (11 or 12 in total) and am going to run each rad from its...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators (includes 4 towel rails), a 6m x 4m orangery/conservatory that was built last year with under-floor heating, and a Megaflo for storing hot water. The UFH...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock