Discuss web site bringing no business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
so we moved out of london to a village near Northampton and I had new website build and its number 1 on page 1 when you serch for a :

plumber in northampton ,

but I dont get any calls at all , had one call back in the summer and I earned £40 out of it .......

any views welcome ,web address is below ......

Plumber in Northampton Boiler Breakdown Service installation Repairs

do you get any business from websites ?

I don't use them nor advertise nor any business cards mate can't be bothered with it all as when I did get loads of idiots calling. All my work is recommended just tied off 38 k install and thought had no work for this week this morning picked up several boiler services a boiler install ,thermal stores to install and male female toilets for council

I like your site stan. What's the standard age group in your local area? Are you doing any other adverts?

Yeh I know but if you ain't top 2 you ain't nowhere IMO. I bet if you do a paid ad for one month through google Adwords the phone will ring more, Adwords list as top 3, I had one last winter and was getting 5-6 calls a day

i get more jobs from my google business listing on google maps than my web site.

on your first page you have this free check i think people get suspicious of free stuff being offered or see it as a gimmick or a catch with you looking to get more work from them. just a thought.

on your first page you have this free check i think people get suspicious of free stuff being offered or see it as a gimmick or a catch with you looking to get more work from them. just a thought.
Some will most wont. I genuinely think most people just get your number and ring, most of mine don't even know company name IMO

most people are probably like me

i dont read web sites , i just look for the number to call or a link i am looking for

Wont get that timescale on a public building like a library 4 weeks i had from rip out to commission just got on with it in all honesty not sure itb was worth it as had little jobs that was bringing in a steady wage
was stressfull

try getting yourself listed by town and not name, seo thing, I pop up when some one searches plumbers in ilfracome, not my name but there i am in the free listings on top of the pile.

I got recommended a guy here 8 months ago, I am now number 1 on google maps for plumber aylesbury, aylesbury plumber, plumber in aylesbury, plumbers aylesbury. 2-3 calls a day. £35 a month. Best money I ever spent I have 4 weeks spare between now and Xmas. I am sure it will be filled up by end of October. But 50 per cent of my work is word of mouth. But I still have 50 per cent new customers which is essential to being busy

We'll done Jase . Are you using same man Andrew Acr services ? ( must be )

I think is something to do with this Northampton City for some reason , honestly only one call and had £40 and one more where some one asked how much to install new kitchen mixer taps told him £60 all in ( he never come back )

I pay £55 per month and keep hoping business will start rolling , but nothing

so I am going back and updating this week my London site as to start bringing me some new customers

Sorry to hijack your thread Stan, but I'm thinking of setting up a website soon & saw your thread.

What's this google business thing being mentioned?

Was your site built by the guy recommended on here Stan? Do you mind me asking what you pay & are you happy with the site? (Apart from the lack of business it's generating so far of course)

Stan have just googled plumber northampton and gas engineer northampton and you have not come up on either over first five pages .

How come you think your number one on the search list??

Tom the mans name is Andrew from Acr services . He build the web site and he is doing SEO. I am on page one but I don't get calls ....
When I was in London I used to get min 2 a week and also I still get some business from post cards some one delivered for me 3 years ago . Had a boiler change job out of this post cards 3 weeks ago :)
I was busy up to 1 week ago and had few boiler change jobs done , but last week and this is bad ....
I have a job booked in for Saturday and Sunday but nothing during the week ....
I don't know why I don't get any calls from web , must be a reason but I am sure is to do with the area I am targeting .....

Stan have just googled plumber northampton and gas engineer northampton and you have not come up on either over first five pages .

How come you think your number one on the search list??

When I search :
Plumber in Northampton
I see my web on page 1
Web is : plumber-in-Northampton.com

Sorry to hijack your thread Stan, but I'm thinking of setting up a website soon & saw your thread.

What's this google business thing being mentioned?

Was your site built by the guy recommended on here Stan? Do you mind me asking what you pay & are you happy with the site? (Apart from the lack of business it's generating so far of course)

Also I pay him £55 every month , and that is all I pay ! No extra charge for building web site

CHECK AT TRADE

boiler guide

rated people

my builder

free index

all these at top plus other big nationals come top when i google plumber in northhampton

When I search for plumber in Northampton it comes up second from the bottom but I wouldn't search for plumber in Northampton. I would search for Northampton plumber and you are definitely not on the first page in that search.

so we moved out of london to a village near Northampton and I had new website build and its number 1 on page 1 when you serch for a :

plumber in northampton ,

but I dont get any calls at all , had one call back in the summer and I earned £40 out of it .......

any views welcome ,web address is below ......

Plumber in Northampton Boiler Breakdown Service installation Repairs

do you get any business from websites ?

I do get quite a lot of business from my website from Google Places.

I will be totally honest with you SGI. I think your website looks far too corporate, as though it's been made from a template by a company that does hundreds of them. I hate these websites as they don't really do anything to distinguish you from your competitors.

From what I can tell from reading your replies to me on the forum, your unique selling point is you are very quick and thus probably cheaper than a lot of your competitors. If this is the case you need to market this on your webpage. I don't know if it is, it's just the impression I get.

For instance, I can't find anything on your website that tells me anything about you, the owner of the company. I think that this is how people will decide on who to phone in a competitive market. What's your background, why should they call you instead of the next RGI?

The only other thing I would say is people want everything at their fingertips now. There is a contact page on your website with a form to get in touch, but I would recommend signposting people with a 'get quote' button instead. I think this could actually replace your contact page as your phone numbers are on the top of every page instead. Have a look at mine, it also automatically filters out people who are wanting small jobs done but are too far away: -

Lincoln Plumber & Electrician Quote Request - Step 1

I'm not saying my website is perfect at all, but have a look at my 'about us' page: -

About Dripbusters Plumber & Electrician - Dripbusters

Please take all this in the spirit in which it's intended, i.e. to be helpful.

just had another look and your on first page at the bottom this morning ,

i am the same as mike tho i would just google plumber northampton

An where am I ? It's on first page ?

It's only on the first page for you because you live at the same address as your business is registered on Google Places I imagine. If you have a Google Account make sure you log out from it before searching to get a better reflection.

Sorry just noticed you do have the contact form on your main page. The fact I missed it shows that it's not that effective imo. People have to scroll down to see it and if you're lazy like me you won't.

Sorry to keep posting. Stan, is your company a Ltd company? I seem to remember somewhere that it was. If it is, it's a legal requirement to post your company registration number and registered address on each page of your website. Look at the footer on mine.

Thank you for all your comments . It does actually help me to understand why I am not getting any business . It's difficult when you don't know any one to help you out and keep bumping to web designers and SEO experts that don't know all this key things .

The other thing is that if your domain name is less than 1 year old Google thinks your website is spam. After it's 1 year old you will see a leap in the search results and the amount of calls you get.

Domain name age is still one of the most important criteria for ranking highly on Google.

Also, try and get a few customer reviews on Google Places. One you have 10 or more you seem to get a good boost in search rankings too.

And finally, £55 a month is a shedload of money to keep paying out for a website. Is he doing any work for you on an ongoing basis for that?

To give you an idea, mine costs me around £20 per year for the domain name and hosting.

Have you moved around alot stan???

I lived in London (Ruislip ) for the last 8 years , but did not want to pay anymore £1250 rent for the 3 bed house so we decided to move out + London" was to much " This year in March we moved to a village outside Northampton .
I have been in uk for only 13years and over all I have been in the tread for 4 years .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to web site bringing no business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
We had an incident of estate water pipe burst and united utility had to fix the issue for the whole estate and this time we didnt have much water...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm a (somewhat, I hope...) competent DIYer and just want to get some advice if my suspicion on a problem we're having is correct...
Replies
Views
Hello there, I have quite a story and a looking for some advice here. On Thursday during the cold snap our hot water stopped working (in the...
Replies
Views
S
I wonder if anyone has any thoughts? Combi Logic 30 Boiler - constant pressure loss - no obvious leaking. Few years ago we got an error code...
Replies
Views
Hi When the zones are near temperature (if far away it keeps boiler fully on instead) it seems that the Evohome is bringing the boiler on for 1...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 123817
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock