Discuss WC Handle "Depressed" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Non-flushing loo. Tried it myself, standard syphon diaphragm change - handle returned to original position after pulling.

After changing diaphragm (was 3 part detatchable syphon, so original syphon remained after changing diaphragm) everything worked fine but handle won't pop up again after flushing. Have had this when installing new handles with syphons before, usually got it by changing linkage size, arm hole used etc.. But I hadn't changed anything. Never undid handle. Only two holes available on arm, tried both.

Is it caused by not enough tension in linkage and arm to pull it back? Or maybe too much? Or something else? I tried adjusting it quite a few times but problem remained.

Not the most dramatic problem but quite annoying.

I'd be looking at the alignment of the flush/syphon valve. If you disconnect the handle presumably the C clip moves up and down normally?

If it's depressed you can't really give it a cuddle, can you?

Hmm. I didn't try flushing it with the C clip detatched to see if that went down on it's own. Mind you, whether it did or didn't I'd still not be sure what to do. Is it the weight of the water re-filling inside the syphon that is meant to pull the handle back up. What do you do if it doesn't? Argggh

The diaphragm might not be returning right after the lift, just letting the water return through it?

the diaphragm may be too big for the siphon i had this once just trimmed slightly and jobs a goodun.

just had a thought did you remember to put the spring back when you put the syphon back together?

Last edited by a moderator:
the diaphragm may be too big for the siphon i had this once just trimmed slightly and jobs a goodun.

Was exact replacement. Metro 3-part like for like. But I'll put that on my check list anyway when I go back (got more work to do there.)

You thought of buying it chocolates and flowers?

Works a treat for the missus!

gets her back to the sink no problem................

:p:p:p

Whats that in the bottom of my toolbox?

Ah a return spring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to WC Handle "Depressed" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back