Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss WB Greenstar 4000 Combi Fault Code 2965 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

John.g

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
What is the boiler flow temperature required to flag this 2965 fault code?.

This, I believe, is a blocking code that trips the burner but when/if it resets. the burner will refire without any boiler reset?

If this fault code is up while in CH mode and there is a demand for HW, will the boiler still change over to DHW mode (combi) and refire the burner once this fault code clears.?

If the boiler is in DHW mode and this code is flagged does the burner just trip and then refire each time it clears?

Hi John

Did you fix your error with your boiler? What was causing the problem in the end?

I don't have this boiler but this problem has cropped up from time to time, apparently this fault code 2965 is flagged if the heat exchanger temperature exceeds 88C (WB inform), this seems a very low setting to me as the boiler CH flowtemp can be set as high as 82C, if the heat demand then is lower than the boiler minimum output the burner will trip (like all gas fired boilers) when the flow temperature exceeds target temp+5C, in this case, (82+5), 87C, and then refire once the anticycle time has elapsed and the flowtemp is targettemp-5C, it seems a bit illogical to have such a low setting of 88C (for code 2965) in view of this? even though most will rarely if ever run with flow temperatures as high as 82C. I think I read somewhere else that this setting is actually higher than 88C (despite what WB inform), I will try and poke around and find this.

I think it is more likely that this setting is/should be at least 98C since the burner trip temperature is settable between targettemp +2C and +15C, default +6C.
1714906255977.png

Reply to WB Greenstar 4000 Combi Fault Code 2965 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock