Discuss Water hammer Help/suggestion's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scotty plumber

Ok then so last week i went to a bungalow with two flats inside of it A+B,Roughly about 8-12 years old.

When the chap at A opens his h/w tap at either the whb or kitchen tap there is a VERY loud thudding/hammering noise, this noise happened all of a sudden one day and a heating engineer was called out to have a look over the gas combi-boiler but said all was fine,

i changed over the swift spindle kit's at both hot taps and flushed through plenty water to ensure of no blockage and i also replaced the c/w main stop-valve coming into the property but neither solved the problem, so i called back the heating engineer to double check the combi!

So do you think i have done the right thing and any suggestions on what it could be?
I thought it could be a valve inside of the combi fitted the wrong way around? ( i am not a heating engineer by the way just a plumber!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water hammer Help/suggestion's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back