Discuss Warmflow U70 Utility Room Boiler Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve5345

Hi. I am by no means a plumber so don't have much of a clue about this but will try to explain as best i can!

I have a Warmflow U70 floor standing boiler and when I got up on Saturday i noticed the floor of the boiler room was flooded with water, after closer inspection i noticed it was coming from the boiler, so I switched everything off to the boiler (oil supply, pump etc) but it was still leaking. I eventually got hold of a plumber who came out and had a quick look, he thought it was the main heat exchanger but because he doesn't deal with oil central heating he couldn't be sure, he did drain down my heating system though to stop the leak. Does anybody on here know if it would be my heat exchanger and if so is it replaceable or does it require a new boiler? It will only be 5/6 years old but the original installer has now retired.
Thnks for your help.

Welcome to the forum steve.
It is not possible to say what leaked without looking at it. I have known boilers leaking and requiring replacement after only 1-2 years if not installed correctly. Maybe somebody on here from your area can come and have a look, where are you?

Thanks for your reply. I am from North Yorkshire, between Scarborough and Malton. I have actually managed to track down a plumber who is looking at it now for me, he also mentioned that it could be down to not being fitted right in the first place.

May be nothing to do with the way it has been installed. This can happen any welded boiler & does happen often with Warmflows. If it is an open vented system, care needs to be taken to avoid system pumping into expansion tank, as this will cause corrosion. Also inhibitor is important.
If it is just the welding, it could be welded, - can fix it for years, or you can risk sealing it using " Oxipic ", a liquid for putting inside system that makes a hard seal.
You might be better with a new complete boiler. Use Worcester Bosch or Grant or other decent boilers.
I would renew boiler, making sure system ok also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Warmflow U70 Utility Room Boiler Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock