Discuss Warm radiator! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 month ago one plumber installed a new radiator in my bedroom and my bedroom had already got 1, so there are two radiators in my bedroom. when i put the central heat on the old radiator gets hot very quick but the new radiator just luke warm. 1hr later still the same old rad hot, new rad warm. i had bleed the new radiator there are no air in it!

last week i took the new radiator off and flush it but there are NO sludge/debris in it. so i refit it, bleed it and turn on central heating, still old radiator hot new radiator just warm. Please help!

turn the rest off the house off(rads) leave new one on turn heating on when nice and hot turn the rest back on see if that helps come back if not

do elbows reduce water pressure? because he had used 3 elbow on the flow and 3 on the return!

no,they dont you either have a air lock or balancing issue try what i said first,if that does not work we will tell you how to balance the system or google it

sounds like a balancing problem turn the lockshield down slightly on the old one see if that helps if the old one is closer to the boiler then this is probably the problem

Last edited:
well i am not sure which 1 is closer! bcuz what that plumber did was cut the flow and return pipe on the old radiator and fitted a push fit tee on. and the new radiator is connected the that push fit tee

probably old one is closer then its the easier route for the water to circulate around do you know how to turn the lockshield down ?

hopefully your heating pipes are not 10mm, trying to run more than one rad on microbore can cause issues

went back 2 my house 2day! balanced my central heating system, new radiator heat up! thank you gas man and gquigley67! but 1 thing i want to say is i didnt adjust the "lock shield valve", i just adjust the wheel head valve! all my radiators got some very old valves on! at the top it got a flat head screw cant be adjust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Warm radiator! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
About 5 year ago, I had a new central heating system (radiators) installed to replace my old warm air underfloor system. The warm air side of the...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock