Search the forum,

Discuss Vitodens 200 (Viessman) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have this boiler to heat and provide hot water for my home. I have had a total of three of these boilers. The first two were recalled by Viessman and replaced. The problems with the recalled boilers was I had to keep replacing ionization and ignition electrodes. There was also some risk of carbon monoxide leakage.

The last one was replaced in 04/2021. So it's been working fine for over a year. Recently (October 2022) it's been shutting off with error code EE (combustion failure) every day, sometimes multiple times per day. I just had my plumber come out (Nov 2022) and replace the ionization electrode for $300. The plumber said this is a constant problem with this boiler and be prepared for the failures to continue. I'm getting a bad feeling again about this boiler again.

I've been to Viessman's website where you can input your serial number and see if it's a recall boiler. My number (75547031010311120 -B2HB 160) was not a recall boiler for now.

I have a question if any customers or professional plumbers are aware of this issue and can share any advice?

Attachments

• 20221107_163453.jpg
    20221107_163453.jpg
    592.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20221107_163037.jpg
    20221107_163037.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Not heard of a persistant problem like this with the 200, might be worth contacting Viessman UK or Europe technical to see if they can shed any light.

Isn’t the boiler under warranty?

Reply to Vitodens 200 (Viessman) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hey all, Based in South England, UK. Hope this is the correct place to ask and that ive added all the required info/images. I had an old boiler that was setup with my evohome system, 12 zones in my house, with controls on each radiator - all worked well. Honeywell THR99C3112 Evotouch...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Is there a way of connecting an indoor thermostat to a Viessman Vitodens 300? What thermostat is recommended? So, my home is in Sweden, and the plumber installed a standard outdoor thermometer to regulate the output of the boiler. This involves having a thermometer installed on the...
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B, heating mode off, DHW on or also in standby, Boiler shows no fault LED on, no new fault logged, room thermostat deactivated. Boiler gets odd attacks of suddenly turning on the fan 100%, then (gas valve and ignition are clicking?) potentially tries to...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the existing boiler needed upgrading. The Mechanical Engineers advising the architect insisted that we had a conventional cast iron combustion chamber boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock