Search the forum,

Discuss Outdoor vs Indoor thermostat in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

Is there a way of connecting an indoor thermostat to a Viessman Vitodens 300? What thermostat is recommended?

So, my home is in Sweden, and the plumber installed a standard outdoor thermometer to regulate the output of the boiler. This involves having a thermometer installed on the external north facing wall of the house. It sends the temperature to the boiler which then provides the necessary amount of heat to warm the house to the desired temperature.

The only problem is that we have to constantly change the temperature through the year because it's not making the correct calculations. So when the temp on the boiler is set to 20 deg C, and it's minus 5 outside, the actual temp in the kitchen is about 15. When it's warmer outside, say plus 10, the actual temp in the kitchen is about 23.

I tried to persuade the plumber i would like a thermostat on the wall of the kitchen/living area so we can regulate it that way but he said no, this is how we do it here in Sweden.

I would like to install a thermostat in the kitchen, and connect it to the boiler but need advice on how to connect it, and then what settings to adjust on the boiler to tell it what i've done.

Any help gratefully received.

Big thanks

Fred

Screenshot 2023-02-13 091920.jpg

Any help gratefully received.

Big thanks

Fred

It’s hard to comment as I don’t know what a typical install looks like in Sweden.

However, it sounds like just the weather compensator is connected. The compensator will adjust the flow temp up and down to account for the outside temps.

I can’t see what controls the boiler to come on and off as needed to regulate the indoor heat.

What heat emitters do you have? Radiators? Underfloor?

It might be better to get a response from the manufacturer if your going to show it to your installer.

It’s hard to comment as I don’t know what a typical install looks like in Sweden.

However, it sounds like just the weather compensator is connected. The compensator will adjust the flow temp up and down to account for the outside temps.

I can’t see what controls the boiler to come on and off as needed to regulate the indoor heat.

What heat emitters do you have? Radiators? Underfloor?

It might be better to get a response from the manufacturer if your going to show it to your installer.
Hi Timmy D, Thanks so much for your reply.
Standard radiators through out the house.
I was hoping to install a thermostat myself. Can't be that hard?
Fred

Reply to Outdoor vs Indoor thermostat in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My landlord's great at getting all the Scottish government funding that's going, and there's full insulation, double glazing, an airsource heat pump and a Mitsubishi Ecodan unit. The Mitsubishi installation manual says in big letters "The cylinder unit MUST be located indoors and in a frost free...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Does anyone have any feedback as to which is best. Running the pipe from the outdoor gas meter to a new boiler on an outside wall or run the pipe under the floor (suspended timber) which is our existing setup and the new boiler is being sited in same location as old. I ask just in...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am wondering if it's worth turning on the optimum start and stop features? There is also something called TPI (chronoproportional control) but I'm not sure how...
Replies
Views
R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced the rads with around 16 degree delta across most rads. I'm trying to make sure that the return temperature to the boiler are less than 55 degrees to ensure condensing is occurring. But in the service menu it only shows the primary heat exchanger...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock