Search the forum,

Discuss Viessman vitodens 100 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Koogatubac

Boiler had no hot water but heating, fault was diverter valve.

Replaced that, now it fires on DHW however gets up to overheat and cuts out.

Replaced the temp stat however didnt fix the boiler. The old stat probe was thick in sludge, phoned viessman, they recon its a circulation problem and recommend a powerflush.
Anyone have any ideas?

Blocked hex ? Fill her up with x400 and let it cook for a week. Would also check pump, does pressure skyrocket? Any idea which over heat is kicking in? Main or pipework?

Its had ALLSORTS changed, boss said it was a new pump. Took it off and didnt look that bad, plus it span croppie :) merchants werent open and didnt have any cleaner, my next thought was either heat ex or pump chemicals in and give it a good flush. On heating its gained to 98* and never overheated, however when i changed the overheat stat on heating it rises to 83* max.

Ive worked on other boilers and they all have dirt in, but i wouldnt of said powerflushing should solve the problem :S

I defo clean it's the plate . 1/2 tub of flux is good cleaner when your stuck!

Oh you poor soul, although i cant help but smile.

viessmann boilers go hell with a spec of sludge.

Haven't had much dealing with them on repairs but didn't rate the vitodens 100 I serviced the other day much, maybe the 200 is a different kettle of fish?

plastic worcester like hydro blocks and the condensate trap was right at the back, awkward to get out etc

looked cheap and nasty really, thought they were supposed to be a reputable boiler?

Last edited:
Cheers guys, ill let ya's know what happens when i get hack there!

Which is strange as they claim sludge won't touch there heat exchangers lol

On the other hand they say any sludge in the system and they wont cover you.
on training they advice you to repipe system on boiler replacement.

having had a few viessman off the wall and flushed out (over ten) for a previous employer

they fire aggressively and bake the sludge into hard deposits around the hex.

hyjubama.jpg
went to a vitodens 100 regular boiler which had been dry firing and this was the out come! Was on a one pipe system with a blockage in it!!
a4ede5uv.jpg

as previously said is the hex been fully vented. i had this once had to attach a hose and run it outside off the cock.

I have had to deal with this boiler twice and in both case ended up stripping the boiler and cleaning each bit on it. The sludge sticks to every part on it.

Cleaned the heat ex today, was absolutely black!! Make a big difference however still overheats eventually, ordered a new heat ex, fitting thurs morning! Keep u guys informed

Ok so put in new heat exchanger, hasnt fixed. 5yr old boiler, got longest history of repairs, all parts have been changed some have been changed twice!
Solution - new worcester going in!

The 100 are just easier to replace. Fan, gas valve pcb, sensors thermisters = rubbish

Well i have a poor view of them. Every part is easy to change mind compared to some boilers which leave your hands getting chewed off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Viessman vitodens 100 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock