Discuss Very old fan convectors changing to radiators ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paulgw

Evening all.
i am involved at a voluntary run sports club with a clubhouse onsite which needs some upgrades.
Like everywhere money is tight and looking for some advice.
We have a boiler that used to run on oil but is now converted to kerosine which is cheaper.
We have 2 main rooms.
one room is the main function room and currently has 2 Myson fan convector Mk6 in there.
They are that old I can't even find anything about them on the Internet !!
The other room has one of the same in and 2 normal modern radiators in.
One of the Myson sounds like fan is on the way out and one not blowing very hot.
We cannot see any sense in trying to repair these as so old will be just throwing money away.
The real question is can these be simply replaced with normal radiators ?
Assuming modern radiators would have a lot better output than at the time these were installed.
Problem with my son is using electric as well.
Any advise really appreciated.

they can be changed for normal rads but they will be a lot bigger than the convector (width wise)
as you would be surprised at the out put of them,

you would need to heatloss the rooms to size the rads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Very old fan convectors changing to radiators ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6...
Replies
Views
C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
I would like to add an additional radiator to our central heating system. We have an attached double garage converted to a man-cave and workshop...
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B, heating mode off, DHW on or also in standby, Boiler shows no fault LED on, no new fault logged, room...
Replies
Views
Back