Discuss Valor 941 coal layout & flue terminals in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allgoode

Gas Engineer
Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of advice re this fire.

I visited the customer today with this fire as it would extinguish after about 10 mins running at max setting.

Not been serviced in a good few years so managed to download manual and carry out majority of service bar laying out of coals in correct pattern as nothing in the manual only with new set of coals.

They need a chimney terminal fitting & I have had no joy with layout of the coals online so have isolated the fire & informed the customer as to reasons why & intended way forward if possible to rectify the situation

So does anyone have a correct diagram for this fire of the coal layout & I take it I am correct for stipulating that they should have a flue terminal fitted post revisions a few months ago.

Been a long 10 days working so feeling frazzled.:sleep1: Couple of days off shortly will help.

Cheers,

Andy

Andy, have you done many fires? The going out problem is pretty standard. 1000/1 there will be fluff in the pilot air port. Strip the pilot assy and clean/blow through. (asuming it is the Valor specific pilot assy, for the rest, blow through the pilpt burner using your guage tube.

What size is the flue? 9x9 don't NEED a terminal, but must be an approved model if there is one. At least a bird guard is always a good idea, but not a requirenent

IIRC you need the actual model name for the layout, best to use valors website.

Last edited:
Hi fireman,
I've done a few fires but as some scrote pinched my carry bag with my reference books in it recently I have been at a loss whilst awaiting the replacements to come through.
Also putting in to many hours with work and other things has not helped but things are calming down a bit and should be better fingers crossed.
As you mentioned it mostly tends to be the pilot air port injector and yes this had fluff and a bit of dirt/dust there.
It was the final re-assembly that I had to stop at due to the cust not having any instructions/manuals as the house seller left them with nothing in the pack.
I have contacted valor customer services today and now have the coal layout so allgood there.
Off to see the customer in the next day or two to finish off the correct coal bed layout and see if the fire plays ball through all its settings,
Thanks for your advice, any is always appreciated,
Andy

Just an update,

Went back yesterday as customer was on hols for couple of weeks, lucky them.

Fitted coals as per the instructions and lit fire.

Pilot flame touching sensor on pilot setting, on low heat flame good touching the sensor but when you turn control tap to high fire setting you see the pilot flame lift clear of the sensor and after about 30seconds fire shuts down again.

I had cleaned every thing out previously and have tried fire and room in several different configs as as per regs.

Smoke bombed the chimney as well as spillage ok with v.good pull.

Contacting manufacturers later on for advice but don't want to change any parts unnecessarily and add to costs.

Thanks again.

Andy

Was the isolator fully opened, I've been to one recently low flame perfect, high flame not enough gas so pilot went smaller and couldn't touch thermocouple. Isolating t was 1/2 shut, was fine when opened up fully.

Blocked pilot... A new pilot assembly will sort it, iv had them with small flames before, tried clearing but no difference, a new pilot assembly fixed it & nice big flame :)

Excessive flue pull maybe?

Catchment space fully sealed?
Fire fully sealed against fireback? Sealing tape along floor?
If yes to above is flue restrictor fitted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Valor 941 coal layout & flue terminals in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock