Search the forum,

Discuss Valiant Ecotech Plus 637 - Error F76 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

A couple of weeks ago my Valiant Ecotech Plus 637 displayed Error F76. Boiler is 13 years old; serviced annually.

I power cycled the boiler and it operated for ~10 days before hitting the same error again; I once again power cycled the boiler and it was in operation for ~24 hours before displaying the F76 once again. I power cycled it and it ran for just a few hours before hitting F76 for a third time.

I have now power cycled and done a P0 test and the boiler is back in operation for the last couple of hours.

Clearly this isn’t the thermal fuse and I would be suspect if it is wiring given the fact that reset clears this condition. I have come up with a potential trigger however… Whilst the central heating side of the boiler has been untouched; I have over the last couple of weeks turned the water off for a period and drained some hot water from the megaflow. Once was as we were away for several days (I did turn off the H/W heating whilst away). On our return we hit this error 4 days later. Yesterday, the water was turned off and some H/W drained to replace a shower.

its an overheat ntc on the boiler that will throw that fault, try turning temp. down to 50, running boiler for a day or two make sure your air bleed is open on pump, see how that goes.

So, I lowered the radiator temp to ~55 degrees and ever since the boiler has been stable. It must be temperature related but clearly my boiler must have an underlying fault. I will have a plumber check the wiring etc but it will get me by for now. I'll tend to it ahead of the winter.

Reply to Valiant Ecotech Plus 637 - Error F76 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock