Search the forum,

Discuss Valiant Ecotech Plus 637 - Error F76 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

A couple of weeks ago my Valiant Ecotech Plus 637 displayed Error F76. Boiler is 13 years old; serviced annually.

I power cycled the boiler and it operated for ~10 days before hitting the same error again; I once again power cycled the boiler and it was in operation for ~24 hours before displaying the F76 once again. I power cycled it and it ran for just a few hours before hitting F76 for a third time.

I have now power cycled and done a P0 test and the boiler is back in operation for the last couple of hours.

Clearly this isn’t the thermal fuse and I would be suspect if it is wiring given the fact that reset clears this condition. I have come up with a potential trigger however… Whilst the central heating side of the boiler has been untouched; I have over the last couple of weeks turned the water off for a period and drained some hot water from the megaflow. Once was as we were away for several days (I did turn off the H/W heating whilst away). On our return we hit this error 4 days later. Yesterday, the water was turned off and some H/W drained to replace a shower.

its an overheat ntc on the boiler that will throw that fault, try turning temp. down to 50, running boiler for a day or two make sure your air bleed is open on pump, see how that goes.

So, I lowered the radiator temp to ~55 degrees and ever since the boiler has been stable. It must be temperature related but clearly my boiler must have an underlying fault. I will have a plumber check the wiring etc but it will get me by for now. I'll tend to it ahead of the winter.

Reply to Valiant Ecotech Plus 637 - Error F76 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock