Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 boiler issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dazzyboy10

HI there,

For some random reason, our boiler decided to stop working and is giving us an F.75 error code which according to the serivce manual, relates to "No pressure rise was detected on turning on the pump" and states the causes as:
Water pressure sensor or/and pump defective
Air in the heating system, quick bleeder defective
Too little water in appliance; check adjustable by-pass; connect
external expension vessel to return.

Unfortunately i am clueless as how to sort this and as we are private tenants, not really wanting to attempt to sort this myself and our landlord is unavailable to sort it either.

After searching the web I came across a similar problem advising to keep the hot tap running and turning the boiler on/off a few times but for us this didnt work.

Also the bar pressure states at being 1.1 but the dial shows at zero so contemplating that the system may need filling up but this has also put us at a dead end as the boiler is setup in a different way as to how the service manual shows.

This is quite important as we have 3 young children and need to get this sorted asap.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

TIA

Also I have tried contacting Vaillant themselves for technical advice but the phone number they provide is dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your going to need to contact you ll. this will be a costly repair. And will require a gas safe registered engineer to fix it

Be sure to check their id when they arrive

So it couldnt just be a simple water top-up thats required then seeing as the bar dial is reading zero.
This has happened before but the landlord fixed it but didnt show us how to. I dont know if its worth mentioning or not but we have recently noticed a strange whistling sound coming from one of our radiators. Couldnt be related could it?

Problem being is that i dont know how to top it up as as i mentioned previously, the setup is different to what the service manual shows so i am unable to do it

It's prob the low pressure sensor it's a common fault

But the strange thing is, is that when i press a certain button on the boiler it will display the bar pressure and it fluctuates between 1.0/1.1 but the dial on the front of the boiler states its 0

The sensor is not registering no pressure but the boiler is

should have a filling loop somewhere, its a silver braided flexible hose usually near the boiler, could have levers on it or a slot for a screwdriver

i have managed to find the filling loop as we had a response from our landlords secretary but i think we have put too much water in as was advised to put the dial at half way and the bar pressure is showing at 1.8

So it couldnt just be a simple water top-up thats required then seeing as the bar dial is reading zero.
This has happened before but the landlord fixed it but didnt show us how to. I dont know if its worth mentioning or not but we have recently noticed a strange whistling sound coming from one of our radiators. Couldnt be related could it?

Sorry. I read the op as saying 1.1. Didn't see that it said 0 on manometer

1.8 bar should be OK (it's not excessively high).

As said, this is a common fault, there is a few reasons why this could have happened.

Your Landlord has a duty to maintain your gas appliances, ask him to send out a Gas Safe registered engineer.

I wouldn't recommend doing anything more than you have already done.

Last edited:
i wish i could bleed the radiator but our ll is so useless, he never gave us a key for it :dunce2:

i dont know if it is usual or not but it seems to be taking rather a long time for our rads to heat up. The thermo stated temp at 21.5 so we kicked it up to 25 but it seems to be stuck at 22

yeah, the room stat. The heating has been trying to come on most of the day as the heating light was on and the rads feel warmish. The rad with the whistling is the coldest

errm, the bar pressure keeps rising and is sitting at 2.1 now and the littlre dial is getting close to the red section

pump overrun is ok, but pressure rise looks like expansion vessel problem, you need to get landlord to get someone to look at it...imo

Sounds like the water pressure sensor is faulty. You need an engineer to replace faulty sensor and check expansion vessel charge.

I turned the heating off abt 20 minutes ago and the bar has returned to 1.8. Is that normal?

yes that is totally normal......pressure increase due to the rise in temperature....which when the system cools down will return to where you set it.

so in order to get the current pressure from 1.8 to around 1.2, i will need to bleed a rad? is it worth bleeding the rad that has been whistling as sounds like it needs it and do i have to be concerned when putting the heating on as our stat is saying 24 and bar pressure is 2.2 with heating on

yep but you need to bleed all rads, just let air out. do it when boiler cold, you may to put more water in if pressure drops. keep it about 1.2

you can only bleed a rad if there is air in the system.... if you want to reduce pressure you can do in the same way by letting water out of the vent.....but as already said i would leave at 1.8 as it is only rising to 2.2 when heating is on....and when engineer is in he will set it as it should be!!

only wondered cos of the whistling from one of the rads when the heating is on

when u say tvr, you mean like a control dial on it

Last edited by a moderator:
yes on the pipe to the rad turn it to max or full or 5.... shuoldnt have one on rad in room that has room stat

yeah they all have one apart from the hallway where the stat is

common problem is that pressure sensor is blocked with sludge if boiler fitted to an old system without cleaning first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 boiler issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock