Discuss Vaillant Ecotec Plus 824 problem in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Sandeep89

Gas Engineer
Just serviced a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 824 and after putting all back together and filling up got some issues.

The burner keeps modulating between high and low ever few seconds when running hot water. I checked the inlet pressure and all is within parameters per MI.

Heating came on for few seconds and then burner cut out and boiler went into pump overrun. After this heating has stopped working, shows S.0 no heat demand even with the stat linked out and running heating from the boiler. The heating symbol is displayed on the boiler but the symbol just stays solid.

Its had a new gas valve fitted few months back and a refurbished PCB. Could it be that the PCB has gone again.

It is around 6 years old has recently had a new gas valve and a refurbished pcb board.

When you say plug not fully home do you mean the ignition lead plug?
No, meant the one to the diverter motor. It normally makes a noise on start up, to listen out for.

Reply to Vaillant Ecotec Plus 824 problem in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
What is the ideal pump size for Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 400 15kW Heat Only Boiler? The property is a studio with 1 large room, a small kitchen and a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice on an issue I'm having with my Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 boiler (R1 PCB). It was installed in 2013 and has...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant Ecotec Plus combi boiler that was installed just over 6 years ago. It has been serviced annually, the most recent service being...
Replies
Views
Back