Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Ecotec Plus 824 problem in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Sandeep89

Gas Engineer
Just serviced a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 824 and after putting all back together and filling up got some issues.

The burner keeps modulating between high and low ever few seconds when running hot water. I checked the inlet pressure and all is within parameters per MI.

Heating came on for few seconds and then burner cut out and boiler went into pump overrun. After this heating has stopped working, shows S.0 no heat demand even with the stat linked out and running heating from the boiler. The heating symbol is displayed on the boiler but the symbol just stays solid.

Its had a new gas valve fitted few months back and a refurbished PCB. Could it be that the PCB has gone again.

It is around 6 years old has recently had a new gas valve and a refurbished pcb board.

When you say plug not fully home do you mean the ignition lead plug?
No, meant the one to the diverter motor. It normally makes a noise on start up, to listen out for.

Reply to Vaillant Ecotec Plus 824 problem in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock