Search the forum,

Discuss vaillant eco tec plus 824 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 44451

hi guys i have a prob with no hot water. customer has been away for three months and now hw playing up. i suspect poss the dom heat ex scaled up. i cant get the gas to full rate even on the central heating . i havent got much exp with this boiler so any help would be appreciated got to go back in a couple of days. thanks

yeah i checked the book and checked the range rating was on its max but still the burner was on low flame. a mate reckons it might be the pump thermister keeping the pump speed low and also not allowing the boiler to go to high gas rate

Check the filling loop valves. There are two valves to open to allow system to fill. If one is left in the open position. It will not allow you to have hot water... Make sure they are both in the closed position !!

just posting some feedback about this problem that i had . i couldnt get the boiler working in either mode and wasnt convinced it was filling properly after draining down. i suspected a blockage somewhere and after spending a lot of time couldnt get it working, so advised the customer to replace. which i did a few days later. i took the vaillant home and stripped it down on the bench to discover the two black hoses that they fit on these boilers were blocked solid with crap out of the radiators, [tested with a magnet] and the rest of the boiler seemed fairly clean. so i would suggest that these hoses are changed every few years if your servicing these boilers regularly.

just posting some feedback about this problem that i had . i couldnt get the boiler working in either mode and wasnt convinced it was filling properly after draining down. i suspected a blockage somewhere and after spending a lot of time couldnt get it working, so advised the customer to replace. which i did a few days later. i took the vaillant home and stripped it down on the bench to discover the two black hoses that they fit on these boilers were blocked solid with crap out of the radiators, [tested with a magnet] and the rest of the boiler seemed fairly clean. so i would suggest that these hoses are changed every few years if your servicing these boilers regularly.

Or you check the filters and water quality and if it's poop you offer a flush and dose with inhibitor. Just changing the hoses isn't going to fix the plate, magnetic pump or primary hex?

That will be the rubber hoses that leaked a lot.
they have been replaced with copper now.
like above the system has a massive problem if Hesse have blocked. Have you power flushed before the new boiler fitted. Sounds like it need it.

i didnt offer a powerflush just washed through with a cleaner, the problem is retired lady, moving house in the spring, money is an issue and also i wasnt aware of any magnitite crap in the system untill i stripped the boiler at home later. i isolated and drained it several times whilst trying get it goin and the system was full of inhibiter.

nah water was clean as a whistle thats the strange thing for me everything on the boiler when i operated on it later was clean filter etc but the hoses where jammed up

the rubber flexi and clips are £10 inc vat bought on today .new pipes are expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vaillant eco tec plus 824 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably no need for me to needlessly heat hot water. My intention was to turn the boiler off along with the mains water when going away. Now, I have heard...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock