Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented cylinder planning costs ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve ski

Just contacted my local council to start the process of building regs for the fitting of an unvented cylinder in my own house i am certified to fit, but not a part of the competent persons scheme, the young lady asked me how much the installation will cost? to which I replied "just materials" she pressed further and asked me how much i would normally expect the installation would cost, "around £250.00 - £300.00 " I replied, she then quoted me a price of £180.00 for me to fit my own cylinder at my own costs, just as well get someone else to do it at that rate, has the world gone bloody mad???
:32::32::32::32:

If your gas safe you can notify through them

And if you have your G3 why not get on a scheme ?

Surely you install them in other peoples homes so how do you notify those installs ?

Matt

ive always had my G3 and GS separate how do you link it all to GS

Just contact GS with your card and they add it to your competencies.

Iam on GS for the unvented, I think they are happy with a letter and a copy of the cert

Im not gs only G3, I dont get to fit many unvented sadly as by the time people have paid for the cylinder, Materials, labour and building regs costs, many people turn a whiter shade of pale, many people find them cost prohibitive and the rare ones i do fit are generally for customers where money is less of an issue, these customers deal with the payment to building control, and my involvment ends there, the point was I was just shocked by the this cost, what on earth do they do to justify this additional cost ?

they send out a qualified heating technician to inspect your work is to standard, or at least they are supposed to :)

Im not gs only G3, I dont get to fit many unvented sadly as by the time people have paid for the cylinder, Materials, labour and building regs costs, many people turn a whiter shade of pale, many people find them cost prohibitive and the rare ones i do fit are generally for customers where money is less of an issue, these customers deal with the payment to building control, and my involvment ends there, the point was I was just shocked by the this cost, what on earth do they do to justify this additional cost ?
Seems to me building control are not interested in policing these installs. Simple solution is to register like everyone else.

For future reference, if its your own place, dont be calling BC, just crack on :) (you have the tickets and know what your upto)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented cylinder planning costs ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
I'm moving over to a sealed system on my EcoTec 38kw boiler. The old flow and return were in 28mm which was there long before the Vailant was installed. I'm running 10 rads with a small UFH circuit and unvented cylinder. Could i get away with replacing the 28mm to 22mm instead on the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm due to install my first unvented cylinder. (I've had my unvented ticket for several years, but not actually done a brand new unvented install yet). It's a house renovation, with a new hw and heating system. The house currently has an old gravity floor boiler, that will be coming...
Replies
Views
Hello! I have a new Vaillant boiler being installed and will install a new cylinder at the same time. Our installer is recommending a UK Cylinders ProLite Air twin coil solar indirect unvented cylinder 300ltr. According to specs the standing heat loss is 1.80 kWh/24h which seems pretty decent...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock