Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor Heating Pump goes into a blocked error (Grundfos UPM3) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all!

Went to stick the underfloor heating on and the pump started making a weird noise and the first red LED and the last amber LED are on - which per instructions means that the pump is blocked and it is necessary to deblock the shaft. It has a deblocking screw in the centre of the control box so I push it down and turned it counter-clockwise multiple times and I can hear it turning so the shaft shouldn't be blocked. But when I turn the system back on it goes into the same error mode.
I even tried to give it a a few love taps with a rubber hammer - anything else I can do, besides calling the engineer to have a look?

The pump is also a new one having been installed back in March this year, so I doubt any sludge is in the pump yet.
Worth mentioning that this is the first time we have switched the heating on for at least 5 months.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-09 at 10.59.43.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-09 at 10.59.43.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 14
Did you love tap the screwdriver?

Need to split the pump and clean the ball

I had the same issue. I found the anti clockwise turn alone wouldn’t clear it. I isolated the flow and return, switched off the power and then tapped the screwdriver with a hammer whilst turning. I then switched it on with the flow and return still off and it started again. Then turned the flow and return on and all working.

I had the same issue. I found the anti clockwise turn alone wouldn’t clear it. I isolated the flow and return, switched off the power and then tapped the screwdriver with a hammer whilst turning. I then switched it on with the flow and return still off and it started again. Then turned the flow and return on and all working.

I had the same issue. Tried turning anti clockwise multiple times but it didn’t work. Then found Jon’s advice, tried that and it worked first time. Thank you Jon!

Reply to Underfloor Heating Pump goes into a blocked error (Grundfos UPM3) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock