Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor Heating Issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

Issue
I have had underfloor heating fitted about 10 years ago and all was working well. I have been having issues with 3 zones not heating up downstairs and 2 zones not heating upstairs recently.

Setup
I have a 12 port manifold downstairs, and a 10 port manifold upstairs, towel radiators are connected to upstairs UFH. I have just recently replaced the entire manifold downstairs as of this issue, grundfos pump connected to the downstairs manifold and original wilo to upstairs manifold. I have a Worcester Bosch 40kw boiler with a Grundfos magna pump aswel as another smaller grundfos pump feeding.

The upstairs/downstairs manifold work independently aswel as the hot water independently through brand new 2 port zone valves. I have tried running downstairs on its own for a while without anything else on.

The plumber who has recently replaced the downstairs manifold has stated there is definitely no air in the manifold. The pipes were powerflushed downstairs before fitting. However there are 3 zones not heating up, the inlet pipes are hot however the return pipes are cold. I have tried balancing etc but it seems like its not circulating. Same issue with upstairs where-by 1-2 zones are not heating up.

I desperately need some help getting this sorted as I have run out of ideas and money on parts. All other rooms are getting hot as expected.

Please can someone shed some light, Thanks!

I can't help but I'm interested in the solution for this. BTW what kind of room thermostat you have there? Do they have a battery in them? it might need a battery change after 10 years. And do you know for sure that the relevant actuator(s) on the manifold is(are) open when heat is required?

Hi

Upstairs Ufh manifold is run with 1 stat and downstairs Ufh with another stat. All actuators are open by default.
I can feel all flow pipes get very hot however the zones where there's no heat the return are cold

Start by isolating all the circuits that are working at the manifold and see if you get flow through the ones that arent working. Depending on the type of manifold you have you will have independant thermostatic heads on each curcuit if this is the case just turn each head down on the working circuits. If you dont have this type of manifold you may have a visual flow vial that can be turned down to adjust the flow around the circuits. Basically they are only 3 things that can be wrong with it 1. The pin is sticking on the thermostatic control to the circuits that arent working. 2 the circuit is still restricted with sludge. 3. The system hasnt been balanced properly. The 3rd option is the most likley i would have thought without seeing it due to the manifold change. Some pics of the manifold would help if you arent sure what i mean

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have attached some pictures of my downstairs manifold and boiler system.

Also I have just tried to shut off all zones bar the ones that are not heating up with no luck, however my boiler temp was going very high when i did so I quickly opened them back up again. IMG_20160317_183542.jpgIMG_20160317_183413.jpgIMG_20160317_183355.jpgIMG_20160317_183339.jpg

Turn off the blue and red iso's and refill each circuit in turn with a hose from your cold mains, making surer that each circuit is connected to the right valves
Let the water run through each circuit until water runs clear of bubbles out of the drain hose(5 mins or so per circuit should do) it will ensure all are full and eliminate blockage problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underfloor Heating Issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock