Discuss under sized boiler ??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright you condescending old git!

Go and learn how the remote control for your video recorder works!

:83:

Can't do it Nosrtrum too complex let the Grand-kids sort it.... hey and not so much of the condescending, don't mind the old git that's spot on...

Haven't seen one for years but I would bet a lot of money there a load still going in India at lot when out there in the 60s, a real engineering job. I worked as Area Manager for Selectos for 3 year went over to Dublin to service potato crisp oil heaters they were the size of a London bus, we would fire it from one end and the flame would be about 2ft in dia and 12-15ft long oil only in Dublin there was no gas then.... lads don't know there born, used a fork lift truck to take the burner off it was that heavy.

Still a few rotary cups going at sea, last ship i was on had 2 down firing running on 360cst fuel, the ignitors used 4.5 gal nozzles to get the things going., they were a major pain for the cups getting clagged up with crud especialy if they were firing for a prolonged period (i.e when you most needed them). I also sailed on a ship with the same burners but firing from the bottom, never had any issues so can only put it down to the extra heat they were exposed to.

Still a few rotary cups going at sea, last ship i was on had 2 down firing running on 360cst fuel, the ignitors used 4.5 gal nozzles to get the things going., they were a major pain for the cups getting clagged up with crud especialy if they were firing for a prolonged period (i.e when you most needed them). I also sailed on a ship with the same burners but firing from the bottom, never had any issues so can only put it down to the extra heat they were exposed to.

Jolly Roger,

I went across to France on the ferry and it was a hell of a rough crossing, I told one of the Old Hamworthy lads, he said how long was the crossing, I said about 2 hours, he said " I have been longer on one wave" sure you know what he meant Rog. I worked on Stone Vapour boiler as well, bet you have, at least you know what a big boiler looks like Roger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the world coming to?

7:1, 10:1 ratio boilers - to much work, to many headaches.

Lock me in a plant room with a 30 > 40 year old boiler that hasn't been serviced in a while.

I know what I would prefer.

Lock me in a plant room with a 30 > 40 year old boiler that hasn't been serviced in a while.

And I will be with you to hold your coat and pass you the spanners, nice one Oz, will there be a light for us to see, don't forget the Swarfega

Just googled Swarfega.... interesting.

I prefer working on old boilers.. solo...

No offence... hand cleaner not required, coat holding not required, I can handle my own spanners.

Thanks !!!!!

It's called progression, without it we would all still be living in caves.

If you're luck enough to find one - premium real estate!!

Most of us over here live in hollowed out logs - bit like an upturned canoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to under sized boiler ??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Having some renovations done on ground floor and looking to get rid of / replace some of the older looking boilers on that floor (mainly...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm trying to work out a boiler size for a huge, four storey victorian property, part of which is already heated. I'll be adding a second...
Replies
Views
Hi, After a bit of a saga with my plumber, I need to chose boiler size as soon as possible, the plumber is not going to do any heat loss...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock