Search the forum,

Discuss TREVI 45 TWIN shower pump won't start in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joon

Hi,

I have TREVI 45 TWIN 3.b bar shower pump connected to a water tank and obviously flow water to shower booth. It worked fine for last 5 years until yesterday. Yesterday I had to drain all water out from the tank in order to replace a pipe valve in the kitchen.

Then I turned on the shower forgetting re-filling the water tank that I guess some air went into the shower pump. I turn off the shower node and re-filled the water tank but the shower pump doesn't kick-off at all from then.

I've replaced 'fuse' and turn off/on the shower pump power a few times but nothing happens. Does this mean the shower pump is completely dead? Or is air blockage (I presume) is stopping the kick-off? I literally got no water at all from shower tab now.

It would be really appreciated if anyone can advise me here. Thank you.

Tom,

Thanks you very much for the comment and apologies for my ignorance but as pump doesn't start at all, I don't think any water is flowing. What exactly do you recommend to check? If I take off the flexis - there are 4 (hot in-out/cold in-out), what exactly I should check?

Hot in and cold in

The pump starts up via flow switches which detect a small gravity flow of water then then turns the pump on. Removing the inlet flexis will allow you to see if there is a flow there. If not then trace the pipe back

Tom,

Thank you so much for this. When I turned on the knob, normally a bit of cold water came out from shower tap and then I can sense shower pump kicks off and hot water came out after. So I presume the cold water flow at first is what you've described as 'gravity flow of water' you mentioned above which triggers pump start.

At the moment, I don't get any water flow from shower tap even if I turn on the knob. Does this mean there is some blockage in the pipe between water tank and pump? Or the air either in pipe or pump can completely block the pipe? Or do you think it's more likely an electric circuit issue in the pump?

Could you please provide your thought on this?

As above but turn the isolation valves off first then open them with the flexi`s in a bucket.

Take the shower head off & drop hose onto the floor, it may clear a simple blockage...

All,

Thank you so much for your advices. I've checked the flow after taking off the flexis and indeed found no water in the pump. I've checked the connected pipe back and refilled it with water and turn the knob switch on which then kicked off the pump again. Million thanks to you!

Hi, I have the opposite problem. When we turn the shower off the pump keeps going...Any suggestions? We currently have to turn the power switch off, then back on when we need a shower...

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive an answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TREVI 45 TWIN shower pump won't start in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock