Search the forum,

Discuss Towel Radiator On Solid Wall ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just started a new bathroom/shower project and the customer has changed their mind and given me a new layout. Basically, everythings changed accept for the loo !

As you can see from the attached picture, the towel rail (which used to be where the new basin will be) is now sited on the end wall of the walk-in shower. This is a solid wall
and so the pipes will obviously have to be chased into the wall. Does anyone please have any tips to ensure that the pipes stay centred/level for the new radiator while the wall is
skimmed, tiled and then grouted.

I've done this many times in a partition wall where it's possible to leave a small amount of movement in the pipes for final alignment but pipes chased into a solid wall is obviously a different matter.

Thank you

bh ensuite.jpg

Clip the pipes to the wall using copper saddle clips and they won't move, plus will stay tight to the chase If you use standard Talon type clips the pipe will be pushed out of the chase. Remember to insulate the pipework first before clipping them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always just use talon nail in clips then fill with mortar and I use foam 9mm lagging gives a bit of play then

Only problem with that way is if you don't do the tilling the tiller won't like it

Thank you for all the excellent advice.

Another quick question, I've spent ages in the past rubbing chrome plated copper ends down to bare copper for soldering. Is there a quicker way ?

Thank you for all the excellent advice.

Another quick question, I've spent ages in the past rubbing chrome plated copper ends down to bare copper for soldering. Is there a quicker way ?
I use a dremel and it takes seconds to fly round it with a grinding disc.

Comp stop ends on chrome copper
I don't even drain or let pressure off just a bucket and cut quick valves straight on wont lose much water and keeps the reflexes quick lol

Always had galv band in the van. Great for clipping just about everything, especially waste pipes round a joist. I've got the plastic coated stuff too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Towel Radiator On Solid Wall ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock