Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet Flushing problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custard has a low level suite with boxed in cistern. Toilet not flushing properly. Removed siphon and checked flapper valve, all okay so changed siphon. Toilet still not fushing properly. Toilet only filling just over half full, if I hold down the ballcock so it fills to about 3/4 then it flushes more or less okay but does only empties just below half full during the flush, so not maximum flush. It is difficult to bend the arm on the ballcock to get it to let in more water but even if I did then it would flush but still not to maximum. Appreciate any thoughts.

is it the standard bog syphon?
if so has it ever worked effectively, you may need to pull the plastic cap off the side (currently covering middle and bottom hole) and cover the top hole and middle for maximum flush.

Is the cistern compatible with the pan? Designs are not interchangeable on some furniture.

Custard has a low level suite with boxed in cistern. Toilet not flushing properly. Removed siphon and checked flapper valve, all okay so changed siphon. Toilet still not fushing properly. Toilet only filling just over half full, if I hold down the ballcock so it fills to about 3/4 then it flushes more or less okay but does only empties just below half full during the flush, so not maximum flush. It is difficult to bend the arm on the ballcock to get it to let in more water but even if I did then it would flush but still not to maximum. Appreciate any thoughts.

Is it a syphonic WC by any chance (S Trap as oppossed to P trap)? If not then you need to cover the top and middle air holes in the sypnon body with the plastic cap. Just you said you removed the flapper valve?? Was it a flapper or a syphon? Did it work before with the current arrangement? Maybe it is syphonic and the airtek bomd needs replaced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies. The old siphon has no holes, it was quite old. Evidently it worked fine until the lady had a leak from the bottom of the siphon. The insurance company sent out a plumber who fixed the leak and said the reason it was not flushing properly was because the ballcock was catching on the side, presumably not filling correctly. I have put a dudly turbo siphon in as it has difficult access, being built in, and makes life easier if there are problems with the diaphragm. However it is still not flushing correctly.

hi you mentioned you have fitted a dudley syphon, check to make sure the clear bung is still in, its not the bung to alter the amount of water, it sits on the side just under where the flush link connects to syphon, these often come out.

After some investigation it seems like it is an S trap, the old syphon has an airtek bomb inside. There is a large rubber washer above the 'bomb' which is very perished. I assume then that the dudly type will not work. Even so do these types of set ups need a lot of water to operate properly? As I mentioned earlier the cistern is only filling to just over half way. Can I replace the old part 1 ballcock with a torbeck which I can adjust easier?

I maybe getting mixed up, in the old syphon there is the flapper valve, above this is a large round wieght and then above this a big fat rubber washer. Is this the 'airtek bomb' tackleburger talked about?

i give up,its a toilet.its not filling properly check the incoming mains if its ok change the ballvale,dont fit a torbeck they are now sadly tat,fit a fluidmaster pro

Hi! I have a flushing toilet problem too! I had a new ballcock fitted by a plumber a while ago, however ever since there has been a problem with intermittent flushing on separate occasions i.e. it flushes okay on a couple of occasions, however suddenly it will not flush and I have to wait a while before flushing again which is frustrating! I wonder if the quality of the ballcock is inferior! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet Flushing problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock