Discuss Tip of the day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbnuts

Hi all
I thought that I would share a bit of sometimes usefull information with you that I learned the other day.
How many times have you been in a different car/van and needed to refuel. You pull into the garage and think Oh ****, what side is the filler cap?
Well the tip of the day is that on your fuel guage there is normally a picture of a fuel pump. This pump will have a hose and nozzle and which ever side the hose/nozzle is, denotes which side of the vehicle you will find the filler cap. Some even have a small arrow as well.
I have been driving for many years and have never noticed!
Steve

Doesn't work on modern vehicles with electronic displays though.

Mike

didnt work out on my van eighther. nozzles on the right fuel caps on the left. be a gud idea if they did do that tho.. might contact all vehicle makers & patent that..

my missus told me this a few months back, it was a decent comment that i remembered.
i got a new van last month.
discovered to my horror its all lies. lol

shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tip of the day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, all new to this breakdown life, currently waiting on getting on a training course, so just been relying on technical and instructions...
Replies
Views
CJAY40
C
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Back