Discuss Thief trying to steal copper cables electrocuted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left two sons behind,was it really worth it

hopefully they will turn out a bit brighter:(

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah hes stupid but gotta feel sorry for the kids, why do people risk their lives for scrap

it happened near us a few years ago, someone robbing copper cables electrocuted and died

We had EDF out to repair a cable that the digger driver snapped. He was full of stories of scrap theft. He said he went to one last week. High level cables that had been stolen. Well there was a black burn mark and several heat welts in the top of the aliminium ladder that the theives had left behind. He presumed who ever was on the ladder at the time was probably dead. It was carrying over 400Volts.

Sure its tragic, but they know the risks and frankly I'm short on sympathy for them.

The guy in this story from the link above was tinkering with cables supplying kidney dialisis machines. He could have blown the fuse and stopped the machines. Its just wrong.

I have been on site when a worker went through a main with a shovel...... he lost his sight in one eye and completly burn his face. not nice.

happened hear recently, caused a powercut to thousands of homes and a fire, there was something like a ÂŁ10,000 reward for anyone who caught them

there was one in west bromwhich a couple of year ago when 2 men broke into a empty house to rob the copper pipe. After ripping the boiler pipework out without turning the gas off one of the blokes decided to light up a ciggy. When the local tv new crew did a interview with an eye witness he told them that when he came outside there was a man crawling down the pavement who seem to be on fire shouting phone an ambulance! :0

Left two sons behind,was it really worth it

hopefully they will turn out a bit brighter:(

i doubt they will get any brighter than the thief in his last moments ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
No sympathy, shouldn't have been doing it, simple as that. Surprised the electric companies not being sued for their death, especially with the way the world is at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thief trying to steal copper cables electrocuted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Back