Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostat and knocking TRV problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DesignerDave

Hi i have just purchased a new build property (a flat) and I think I have a few problems:

There is no Thermostat in any of the rooms. Do I need one? I assume there should be one installed.

I have bi-directional TRV's fitted to all rads, I thought you would need one rad without a TRV?

The TRV's on the rads create a continuous knocking noise when turned to a certain position. In case of the lounge it is between setting 2-3, any ideas why this is happening?

The boiler is a Glowworm Betacom 24c, the pressure bar jumps when the TRV's creates a knocking noise. When the rads are not knocking the bar is at 2, is this normal?

If any one has any ideas or advise that would be much appreciated.

Thank you

what make trv are they some have to be set to be bi-directional , these sound like they have'nt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermostat and knocking TRV problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have done pressure test for 2" high pressure pipe line by closing the pipe with rubber plugs at the ends. It was 3 bar and I kept it for 24...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock