Discuss The reason I don't use flexis... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only place I will use flexis now is when kitchen taps come with them. Rigid pipework underneath a kitchen sink isn't that easy to do, risk of molten solder dropping on you as you are upside down etc.

The only time I use plastic plumbing is if I have to run pipework in a loft that has been fully insulated, i.e. clipping pipes down is a nightmare without ruining the insulation.

Totally agree Kirk, and copper tails with a acrylic bath adds strength to it with no movement. I've also seen taps turning after a while with flexis as they lack the rigidity of a copper tail and a tap adaptor.

Good debate this. Good to get opinions from all divides.

Totally agree Kirk, and copper tails with a acrylic bath adds strength to it with no movement. I've also seen taps turning after a while with flexis as they lack the rigidity of a copper tail and a tap adaptor.

Good debate this. Good to get opinions from all divides.

any debate where we are right is a good debate

nope, im still not convinced, u lot r too old skol. nout wrong with flexis. ok, they may not last potentially as long as copper but they are so so useful in areas where you cant reach, or pre- pipe taps, etc.

dancinplumba and I will marry one day, ur all invited, but instead of throwing conffetti, you have to throw plumbers mait at us (yer, its sticky and messy but i think plumba n i will love it), and our rings will be made of hardened LS-X, so it fits our fingers perfectly.... oh, and my dress will be made of thousands of taps of PTFE tape :)

perfect, just perfect
what a dream boat!

Only place I see flexis as being the only method is for back to wall toilets.

ive just seen the newer posts, yes there is more possibility that the tap will move if it is on flexis, but the tap should be tightened enough in the first place.... it doesnt matter about what connection is beneath it :)

Claire, save yourself a fortune and just get married in PTS.

Being so called "old skool" means we've been around long enough to know better.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive just seen the newer posts, yes there is more possibility that the tap will move if it is on flexis, but the tap should be tightened enough in the first place.... it doesnt matter about what connection is beneath it :)
Copper pipe adds to the strength of the tap, so helps prevent it turning. Plastic or flexis do nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The reason I don't use flexis... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi my toilet is leaking both from the water inlet and from the existing copper piping. I'm usually quite handy and many many years ago, I replaced...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I'm looking at replacing the my ageing copper sealed CH system pipework using, dare I say it, Buteline. I'm a reasonably competent DIY'er...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Today was sat at home and heard a pop from the kitchen, went in there and had water gushing everywhere from a burst on the flexible hose...
Replies
Views
After drywall removed: And after removing skirting, insulation, and dabs (Architrave cutter, chisels): Just wanted to post of few points on my...
Replies
Views
Hi DIYer here. I had to repalce a mixer shower in an emergency. There were rigid pipes in place before which I would have liked to re-use but...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock