Search the forum,

Discuss The bomb has dropped.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pssst

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Oh how i wish i had taken a pic but i was surrounded by concerned punters and it seemed inappropriate.

Went to job the other day "boiler has fallen off wall". Im expecting a Red Adair special. Go upstairs, open cupboard. It was a fairly new build property. In cupboard is built up wooden stillage with a base about 3 ft off floor. Sitting on it at a slightly jaunty angle is a large unvented cylinder. On the floor is the expansion vessel for said cylinder. It had been affixed to the plasterboard wall by its puny bracket about 6ft up. The considerable weight of it could never have been supported by plasterboard and it had dropped,clipping the front edge of the stillage and smashing the horizontal wooden support at the front of the stillage. The bomb had hit the floor with its braided hose at full stretch and ready to rip off. The front wooden rail of the stillage had a large crack in it and had all but broken causing the cylinder to tip forward.

Punter said had phoned landlord but not answering....walked away.

Idiots,,, even a cupboard would have a post to get hold of ,, thats what the tools get for fixing to plasterboard,, lol

Got a call about three years ago for similar, brand new apartments built about five years ago. All the Expansion vessels in each flat had been teed upwards in 22mm and just left there sat in mid air no brackets or support, needless to say stuffing the cupboards full of bedding one fell off and flooded the upstairs flat and the one below. Nice job moving them and putting brackets on them all.

I went out to price a shower up, the tenant (I didn't know he was the tenant at this time) said I want the best shower I can get because this ones carp I said ok I can fit a Mira sport for x amount but I would want y as a deposit. He then said well I will get it installed first then you can give the bill to the landlord. My reply was if the landlord is paying then they will be the ones who phone me and they can arrange it, he said but he won't agree to it! I then said well I can do the job and you pay then you claim it back off the landlord, he said I'm not doing that. Me BYE.

Bloody time waster!

I went out to price a shower up, the tenant (I didn't know he was the tenant at this time) said I want the best shower I can get because this ones carp I said ok I can fit a Mira sport for x amount but I would want y as a deposit. He then said well I will get it installed first then you can give the bill to the landlord. My reply was if the landlord is paying then they will be the ones who phone me and they can arrange it, he said but he won't agree to it! I then said well I can do the job and you pay then you claim it back off the landlord, he said I'm not doing that. Me BYE.

Bloody time waster!

Jeezuz man - that is unbelievable.
Some people need a good slap frankly.
If i were in your shoes id have put my foot right up his bum on the way out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The bomb has dropped.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock