Discuss Terms and Conditions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
When do you lot pass over your T & C's i have been sending mine over with estimate for work but reckon its prob not best idea. I do feel mine are a tad strong as well which probably puts frighteners on a fair few custs .

what do you guys do?

I'm guessing most send with the quote... It's probably a legal thing that the custard sees what there accepting when they accept the quote!

Maybe time them down abit... Mine are pretty basic, I don't want to scare every customer for the sake of the 1 guy who is going to try it on in years time?

Better still, keep the tough worded one & send it to people you think might try it on!

Never liked mine do think they are tad strong hence was wondering what the collective do.

Find it best not to mention Nipple clamps for the ladies and Mole grips for the men to early.

Last edited:
If you don't send them before the customer agrees to have the work done, then they don't form part of the contract, and are valueless in court.

But you can often say the same thing in different ways, and some wordings will cause more concern with customers than others. Why not post yours up Hammers, and maybe we can suggest ways of achieving the same protection for you with language that is more acceptable to your customer?

If you have a website, could you not put on your estimate 'by accepting this quote you agree to the terms and conditions that can be found at www......' I'm sure most people wouldn't bother going to read them.

I don't possess any T n Cs , I've nothing on my estimates either, now I realise that this is no good in a court of law if ever go down one of those roads but in real rural life where everyone knows everyone it's not so bad, but different in city life lol,,,

I keep thinking I need to get some basic terms written up.

There is a set of t n Cs somewhere on this forum Dave I think it may be in the arms ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Terms and Conditions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey guys I know this ain't plumbing. But some of you may know. I have a small bathroom but water seems to leak to the kitchen. I realised under...
Replies
Views
Hello! I'm Canadian so you may wonder what I'm doing on a UK plumbing forum. I'm basically just here to learn the British term for a tool that...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm new here! I've bought my first house - needs a fair bit of work doing to it, including the plumbing. I'm keen to do stuff...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock