Discuss Terms and Conditions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
When do you lot pass over your T & C's i have been sending mine over with estimate for work but reckon its prob not best idea. I do feel mine are a tad strong as well which probably puts frighteners on a fair few custs .

what do you guys do?

I'm guessing most send with the quote... It's probably a legal thing that the custard sees what there accepting when they accept the quote!

Maybe time them down abit... Mine are pretty basic, I don't want to scare every customer for the sake of the 1 guy who is going to try it on in years time?

Better still, keep the tough worded one & send it to people you think might try it on!

Never liked mine do think they are tad strong hence was wondering what the collective do.

Find it best not to mention Nipple clamps for the ladies and Mole grips for the men to early.

Last edited:
If you don't send them before the customer agrees to have the work done, then they don't form part of the contract, and are valueless in court.

But you can often say the same thing in different ways, and some wordings will cause more concern with customers than others. Why not post yours up Hammers, and maybe we can suggest ways of achieving the same protection for you with language that is more acceptable to your customer?

If you have a website, could you not put on your estimate 'by accepting this quote you agree to the terms and conditions that can be found at www......' I'm sure most people wouldn't bother going to read them.

I don't possess any T n Cs , I've nothing on my estimates either, now I realise that this is no good in a court of law if ever go down one of those roads but in real rural life where everyone knows everyone it's not so bad, but different in city life lol,,,

I keep thinking I need to get some basic terms written up.

There is a set of t n Cs somewhere on this forum Dave I think it may be in the arms ,

There is a set of t n Cs somewhere on this forum Dave I think it may be in the arms ,

Sorry I got it wrong it's in the trusted adviser room sorry, try copy it for you,

If you have a website, could you not put on your estimate 'by accepting this quote you agree to the terms and conditions that can be found at http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbers-arms/www......' I'm sure most people wouldn't bother going to read them.

You could try this, but its not cut and dried. A judge has to decide whether you have done enough for the terms and conditions to be incorporated into the contract of sale. In our case, we publish them in our price catalogue, on the website, on the back of every invoice and on the back of the account application form. We didn't used to put them into the price catalogue, because it uses up 2 valuable pages that cost us a lot of money, but we do it because a judge very nearly ruled against us, when we bought a case. In the end we won, but thats mostly because the other guy was gobby to the judge - if he had only kept his mouth shut, I think she would have given him the benefit of the doubt.

There is no "for sure" answer to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Terms and Conditions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock