Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Tax compliance investigation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodds2004

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Guys

just after some advice if anyone has been subject to a hmrc full compliance tax investigation

Just had the letter through this morning.

Has anybody had one and how did it go!

My books are pritty organised for a sole trader

All receipts present and all income paperwork present.

what will they ask to see, so far i have dug out all income and outgoings, my business bank statements and all my delivery notes although these dont have references on for individual jobs.

Spoke to my accountant and just to prepare my books and have my accountant there for the day of the inquiry is going to cost me nearly 2k

Thanks in advance

2k !!!
I have insurance for that included in accountancy fees.
My only advice would be, if you think you are going to drop yourself in it, say I will look into that.

You are sole trader and have an accountant to boot I dont see why you should be worried, if it goes **** up surely accountant who prepared your tax return is responsible

accountants are only as good as the ingo given to them. Im pritty sure it all adds up within a few hundred quid to invoices and recipets and whats been paid in and out

Within a few hundred? My accounts are usually riddled with corrections and mistakes, but how are you _a few hundred_ out? What do you mean by that anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tax compliance investigation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock