Discuss Tax compliance investigation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodds2004

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Guys

just after some advice if anyone has been subject to a hmrc full compliance tax investigation

Just had the letter through this morning.

Has anybody had one and how did it go!

My books are pritty organised for a sole trader

All receipts present and all income paperwork present.

what will they ask to see, so far i have dug out all income and outgoings, my business bank statements and all my delivery notes although these dont have references on for individual jobs.

Spoke to my accountant and just to prepare my books and have my accountant there for the day of the inquiry is going to cost me nearly 2k

Thanks in advance

2k !!!
I have insurance for that included in accountancy fees.
My only advice would be, if you think you are going to drop yourself in it, say I will look into that.

You are sole trader and have an accountant to boot I dont see why you should be worried, if it goes **** up surely accountant who prepared your tax return is responsible

accountants are only as good as the ingo given to them. Im pritty sure it all adds up within a few hundred quid to invoices and recipets and whats been paid in and out

Within a few hundred? My accounts are usually riddled with corrections and mistakes, but how are you _a few hundred_ out? What do you mean by that anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tax compliance investigation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My account is very active and sent me this, might be helpful to some? Self-employment Income Support Scheme If you are self-employed or a member...
Replies
Views
Okay. So I have a ground floor shop and second floor flat for sale (potentially). No major need to get shot of them, but not a lot of point...
Replies
Views
I was on this forum a long time ago and I would like to explain my experience of plumbing. This may be a long post but I will be happy if it helps...
Replies
Views
Hi all Sorry if this has been asked before but just trying to clarify a few issues Im starting as self employed (sole trader) in 2 weeks...
Replies
Views
Is everyone happy with there accountant? I always feel mine is not really doing much for me, every year I have to chase him to get my books...
Replies
Views
Back