Discuss Tap Identification - Please!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dontknowitall

Do you know the make of this tap?

I can't work out how to undo the blighter and assume there's a cartridge in it.

Answers on a postcard ... many thanks in advance!

View attachment 557

I tried that - the mixer is quite floppy and I fear breaking it if I try and force something. This is partly why I want to know the manufacturer so if I do break it then it can be replaced.

Thank you for your help - customer said they'd look for their old receipts. Fairly sure it's not from a shed (luckily!)

I'm sure I can remove it (will have to if it needs replacing!), but again I'm reluctant just at the moment. As they're neighbours (and good customers!) I said I'd have a go at finding a cartridge. If it needs replacing then they'll probably want the basin mixer replaced too.

Why don't these bloomin' manufacturers stick to good old fashioned washers? These cartridges are a pain in the neck as replacements are expensive and if you order the wrong one the plumbing merchants won't take them back. And it means much more time spent repairing/shopping/ordering, etc. In contrast it took me about 5 minutes to sort their outside tap out with a small rubber circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tap Identification - Please!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock