Search the forum,
  • Thread starter kay-jay
  • Start date
  • Replies 123
  • Views 1K

Discuss Sunny Toxteth in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kay-jay

Anyone here from Toxteth?
Is it as bad as people suggest?
Would like a heads up as the company is farming me out for 5 weeks

Thanks

Most boarded up windows I've seen in my life. I worked nights up there once on a refurb for an Iceland supermarket. Absolute whole, but it was 8 years ago now

Most boarded up windows I've seen in my life. I worked nights up there once on a refurb for an Iceland supermarket. Absolute whole, but it was 8 years ago now

8 years ago was the start of a massive regeneration of the area after the managed decline of maggie thatchers regime! I lived there in my student days its never been as bad as people made out. Like any poor area its got its problems.

Some good authentic food joints around the area. Check out raggas on smithdown road for an amazing jamacian curry and lodge lane has some good kebab houses.

8 years ago was the start of a massive regeneration of the area after the managed decline of maggie thatchers regime! I lived there in my student days its never been as bad as people made out. Like any poor area its got its problems.

Some good authentic food joints around the area. Check out raggas on smithdown road for an amazing jamacian curry and lodge lane has some good kebab houses.
Give you that much mate the food was class at the time I was working with 2 black brothers who really opened my eyes up to decent food. I was a bland eater before. Used to love Caribbean Curry up there literally one a day

Its alright i dont think its bad atall ! What you gotta do up their ?

Is that the place where the riot was a few years back?

There's lots of places all over the UK that need regeneration, not just Toxteth and all places have their good and bad areas. It's what YOU make of it that counts.

Give you that much mate the food was class at the time I was working with 2 black brothers who really opened my eyes up to decent food. I was a bland eater before. Used to love Caribbean Curry up there literally one a day

Some of the best food in the city round there. If you like caribean food go to raggas on smithdown road. You cant miss it big jamaican flag painte on it. Looks like a run down hole from outside but the food is amazing. Goat curry with rice n beans mon! mmmmm

Yer thats the one ! Its not bad really id prefer to work there than many places !

There's lots of places all over the UK that need regeneration, not just Toxteth and all places have their good and bad areas. It's what YOU make of it that counts.

Thats the one. I wasnt far at the time. Was strange driving to work doging burn out cara!

This for all that external insulation ? Youll be fine up there ! And theres birds out every weekend in town !

where about are you zeb ?

This for all that external insulation ? Youll be fine up there ! And theres birds out every weekend in town !

where about are you zeb ?

Yes mate external insulation.
Only 45-60 min journey each way. And travelling down with another lad to keep fuel costs down.
They giving me an extra ton a week:)

Yes mate external insulation.
Only 45-60 min journey each way. And travelling down with another lad to keep fuel costs down.
They giving me an extra ton a week:)

There doing it all round here but havent got to my house yet ! Looks abit rough !

Unfortunately we get paid for a quick job and not a good job.

Pushfit wastes all the way....

I think i know the one you mean ! Ive worked away mostly so im not trying to work as a plumber locally but i dont depend on it yet ! You work over my side ?

I think i know the one you mean ! Ive worked away mostly so im not trying to work as a plumber locally but i dont depend on it yet ! You work over my side ?

Yeah quite a lot, a lot of rock ferry!

Sound can you pm me your number ? I havent got my gas and i get gas work on the jobs i do and people reffering me so you can have them if u want !

There was a riot - over 30 years ago. I know, I was there

That is all

Some of the best food in the city round there. If you like caribean food go to raggas on smithdown road. You cant miss it big jamaican flag painte on it. Looks like a run down hole from outside but the food is amazing. Goat curry with rice n beans mon! mmmmm
I'm sure this was the place we went to. Would you know if it existed around 2004 time? The best thing about working nights was eating curry for breakfast and not feeling guilty lol

I'm sure this was the place we went to. Would you know if it existed around 2004 time? The best thing about working nights was eating curry for breakfast and not feeling guilty lol

Been there since I can remember and I'm 33! Green building with a Jamaican flag pained above the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sunny Toxteth in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock