Discuss stuff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nysk2008

my hallway rad isnt working and my new downstairs toilet isnt screwed to the floor but I really cant be bothered as dealing with this day in day out - anyone else have stuff that they could sort in their own house but would rather just have a beer and deal with it another day

Loads and loads, Most my taps drip and my boiler keeps going to EA fault. Just gonna wear the reset button out before i bring my tools in.

it took me 4 weeks to hang the kitchen rad back up after painting behind it as getting in after 7pm i wasnt in the mood, and the weekends are for fun

Toilet not screwed to floor also.

Basin silicone gone black in places not due to mould but due to her indoors mascara!!'

I need to do that as it causes ww111 when I mention it!!

I find the better you get at plumbing the less you wanna work at home or for friends n family. When I first started out the first siphon I changed was my own, and then done 2 at my mums and another at mum in laws. Now I avoid like the plague, got dripping basin tap and kitchen tap could do with replacing but just keep putting them off

If theres owt needs doing I tell the landlord, then he pays me to do it, so not the same.

Theres one thing driving a desk all day and coming home and pulling the tools out, but when you have been chewing on all day it can be done another day.

The radiator in my office is literally hanging off the wall. It's been like that for about a year.

A new Vaillant went in the loft approx 4 years ago and I've never even looked at it since.

When I first moved into my place there was a fancy schmacny pull-out high pressure tap on the butler sink. But on gravity hot there was only a dribble. Same with the shower head. Feck knows how long the last guy put up with it but I had to change that. Everything else, can't be arsed. Only cleaned the bathroom for the first time in about 6 months because my bird was refusing to go in it.

not just me then! lol

showers been dripping 1 per second for a good year
only because i have been getting ready to do the bathroom up......for the last 9 years..
so the toilet syphon has a knack to it and its only been like that for 5 :)
oh. and that downstairs 2nd loo install.! ahrrrrrr, sometime when i gat a month off.

same here i know i should change the boiler probably chuffing out a million pm co but its working and doesnt spill so it can wait

My bedroom has needed wallpapering coming up a year. All painting done but can't be bothered, got the paper, need the energy

Need to seal bathroom floor and service boiler. Apprentices are good for this. 2 years ago one spent 5 days sanding my staircases

I put new bathroom in my gaff 6 years ago. I knew it'd take forever to do with work so I took d precaution of paying my brother who's in d game to do it with his son, he made a few quid and I didn't get murdered by d missus. Your own house always comes last on d list.

i had a washing machine valve dripping for about 4 years into a sauce pan. i changed it when the old machine failed and the new one got fitted.

As we speak the TPR valve on my cylinder is dripping causing a puddle next to the back door.

manyana!! If you know what I mean?

A tile behind one of our shower enclosures has broken somehow putting the shower out of action till it's fixed really. I've managed to put it off for 5 months now and counting. A real testament to new build quality eh? The shower is not even 3 years old yet.

Need to change the 3 port in my gaffe, it sticks and keeps the heating on all day, you have to take the head off and let it spring return. Its only been doing it for 3 years.

My two port gave up the ghost when we moved into the new house
immersion turned on, it stayed on for 18 months!

Why don't we just pass these jobs to each other then?? Problem solved!

My wife has an ingenious method to get these problems fixed. After a few months of inaction she says she is going to call another plumber in to fix them if I don't sort them. Usually does the trick.

I was threatened with plebs in blue vans once ignition electrodes not changed for month of intermittent botches. Had them in van

I changed the cylinder on the middle floor last year or was it the year before ?
Anyway I did not have time to hook up the centralheating to the coil so blanked them off and just switched the immersion on to continuous and its been like that ever since. No one has spotted
it in our house so far. Centralheatking

In my last flat there was a leak on a drain off for 2 years. I always said I will get the tools out tomorrow and always forgot I moved out and my brother said to me about 2 months later is there a leak somewhere. Still hasn't been sorted lol.

I need to put trv's on the rads and have an rf stat to put in as my boiler has absolutely no stat at all.

Silicone going black. Tap needs changing.

But yea, like I want to do any of this after being at work all day

Haha, love these posts, I'm exactly the same.
Got a bedroom without a radiator, the downstairs loo is a low level one and not screwed to the wall, it's literally being held on by the copper feed and the plastic pipe to the pan ;)
There's a load of boxing in/trunking to do in the kitchen.
All jobs that I wouldn't bat an eyelid for if I was getting paid, but cos they're at home I can't be bothered...

Don't tell anyone but I had a 1/2 mbar drop on gas carcas for a year and half. It was wingback on new leg to hob.... Only finger tight .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to stuff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi all, Happy new year! Hope this is OK in this part of the forum. Been a plumber for about 12 years now, mostly commercial stuff with some...
Replies
Views
Hi. A new house regulation for a 2 zone heating system because it's bigger that 150sqm. I'm I right in saying zone 1 should be all of the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
R
Hello its my 1st post hope im in the right place We brought a new house a medium-large 3 bedroom semi, we moved in the summer. Now coming to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
Back