Discuss Stuart Turner Monsoon 2 Bar pump constantly starting and stopping every 30 seconds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FrankieF

Hey Guys and Girls,
I have a Stuart Turner Monsoon pump feeding the rest of a house from mains gravity fed cistern and h/w cylinder. It keeps starting and stopping after a short burst evry 30sec to a minute. I thought it would be a leak, but traced all pipes and no luck. I have isolated all taps and inlets to appliances and it still does it.
The property has long legs on the pipe work tho, and I know its been there for at least six years....it has had a new pressure release keg replaced to see if that worked but no luck.
I am thinking either, we have air in the system. or the pump is on its way out. I have even isolated water inlets to pump, but still started up(not for long as i know thats not good, just trying ideas)
Anybody got any ideas.....? would be much appreciated......

Frankief:confused:

Re: Stuart Turner Monsoon 2 Bar pump constantly starting and stopping every 30 second

I presume that this has only just started recently? It could be the flow sensor possibly. Are you still in the 5 year warrenty?

You should maybe get someone in to check for leaks, with a mind of checking the pump as well>

Re: Stuart Turner Monsoon 2 Bar pump constantly starting and stopping every 30 second

Unfortunatley the pump is over six years old. I am a plumber, and have already checked for any leaks and there are none, there's no dripping taps either, i've checked the ball valves too. Maybe I will go with the flow sensor. thanks...

From past experience. I think there is a none return valve on the pump outlet. The symptoms you describe lead me to believe that this none return valve is sticking open which causes the flow switch to become confused and therefore keeps turning on and off. The technical term is called hunting on and off. The old Stuart Turner pumps had a brass gravity plunger in the valve. When they become corroded on the shoulders they stick. another cause is if the pump is not installed absolutely level and the plunger jams. On one occasion I had with this, I could not cure the problem by leveling and polishish the plunger. Ended in a serious dispute with the manufacturer, eventually as this was a new pump, their technical engineer came out and modified the valve by installing a spring on top of the plunger, obviously a design issue with the pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stuart Turner Monsoon 2 Bar pump constantly starting and stopping every 30 seconds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock