Search the forum,

Discuss Strong?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hannah

Do you have to be strong to be a plumber?

In other words do I need to go to gym to bulk myself up?

I would say am strong but not really really strong? :-/

Hannah X

Get a tennis ball and squeeze it. We tend to have stronger hands than most other trades.

Get a tennis ball and squeeze it. We tend to have stronger hands than most other trades.

Right okay, It's just that I've noticed obviously am not as strong a a man and I want to be because if not am going to struggle arnt i? :) haha

doing weights wont really help tbh, unless you get really big. Most heavy things you need to lift in this trade dont come in the shape of easy to lift weights with handles.

cardio and core exercises to help you avoid injurys and sensible lifting. Most plumbers be it small or large have the same failing body parts. Its starts with the brain, then the knees ;)

also alot of pain in the wallet.

Most plumbers be it small or large have the same failing body parts. Its starts with the brain, then the knees ;)

also alot of pain in the wallet.

I don't think Hannah's brain is located in the same part of the anatomy as most plumbers keep theirs!

Bear in mind that boilers, steel baths and toilet pans are as awkward as they are heavy so these are the things for you to consider. Then there is the thought of getting them up the stairs on your jack jones and climbing up a roof to fit a flue.......you'll be ok working with someone else but i think wimin struggle with the heavy stuff as do the blokes although they won't admit it on here.

Bear in mind that boilers, steel baths and toilet pans are as awkward as they are heavy so these are the things for you to consider. Then there is the thought of getting them up the stairs on your jack jones and climbing up a roof to fit a flue.......you'll be ok working with someone else but i think wimin struggle with the heavy stuff as do the blokes although they won't admit it on here.

im happy to admit when i struggle to lift stuff. when your young and stupid it matters to others what they think to the point you get a hernia showing off. when you get older you realise you were stupid.

When your a female heavy lifting is easy, you just find a fella and give him the puppy dog eyes and he will lift it for you.

im happy to admit when i struggle to lift stuff. when your young and stupid it matters to others what they think to the point you get a hernia showing off. when you get older you realise you were stupid.

When your a female heavy lifting is easy, you just find a fella and give him the puppy dog eyes and he will lift it for you.

YOU JOKING?! I don't need no men to do my work if I can't do it myself for help the man I wont get done or moved. Just because I have lady parts doesn't mean I can't do the job as good as you. If anything I CAN DO IT BETTER? Do you know why? Because am a girl and your all jel ;-)

Hehe

Until he's off havin his hernia stitched up....

YOU JOKING?! I don't need no men to do my work if I can't do it myself for help the man I wont get done or moved. Just because I have lady parts doesn't mean I can't do the job as good as you. If anything I CAN DO IT BETTER? Do you know why? Because am a girl and your all jel ;-)

Hehe

i bet theres a number of things you can do better than me............ washing the dishes, cooking the fish fingers and chaps, sewing the holes in ya socks, the list must be endless. ;)

joking aside tho, you should avoid playing the gender card where possible. Ive seen first hand what blokes on a building site can be like when a female tradesman is on site. It does not show us in a good light.

Hehe

Im well jel. If I was a girl I'd never leave the shower!

You could go to your local B&Q/wickes and try picking up the large radiators.
To start you are unlikely to be working alone so anything bigger can be a two person job.

just buy a sack trolley and a work mate. trolley to transport things fm van and a workmate to lift them off with out killing yourself. and nick 2 0r 3 beer crates to use as platforms to rest your boiler in position before lifting it onto its anchor lugs. simple and easy really.

i bet theres a number of things you can do better than me............ washing the dishes, cooking the fish fingers and chaps, sewing the holes in ya socks, the list must be endless. ;)

joking aside tho, you should avoid playing the gender card where possible. Ive seen first hand what blokes on a building site can be like when a female tradesman is on site. It does not show us in a good light.

Am joking:-/

To be fair I am not wanting to learn plumbing because I want to be better than men! We are both equal I know that. I know not alot of people know me on here yet. But I am a joker and I'll saying anything to make us have banter. I would never play the gender card on site. I am one of you men when I get to my course. We eat sleep and fart just the same. And to be honest if the men on site don't like my banter I'll shove it so far up there bum that they will never see it again.

Ask anyone who knows me Croppie knows me well and ask him what am like I would never play the gender card in real life. I do it on here to break the Ice because I'am different I'am a girl going into a mans trade but men should be happy that am playing the gender card. IAM PROUD TO BE A FEMALE IN STEEL TOE CAPPED BOOTS AND HI VIZ VEST.

Thankyou everyone it's just that I was worried if I had to lift something alone would i be able to do it? :) thankyou though ill get myself a sack trolley when i start work :)

weight lifters belt good to preserve the old back and a decent sports bra to keep them thingies out the way, just ask croppie (sam) about that problem.

you need to get yourself one of these..

th

grip is a big part of the job imo.

No strength is not an attribute needed in todays mechanical services industry as most plumbers are weak as kittens.

there used for guitarists or rock climbing etc, they build finger strength.
i could demonstrate it if you like?

Am joking:-/

To be fair I am not wanting to learn plumbing because I want to be better than men! We are both equal I know that. I know not alot of people know me on here yet. But I am a joker and I'll saying anything to make us have banter. I would never play the gender card on site. I am one of you men when I get to my course. We eat sleep and fart just the same. And to be honest if the men on site don't like my banter I'll shove it so far up there bum that they will never see it again.

Ask anyone who knows me Croppie knows me well and ask him what am like I would never play the gender card in real life. I do it on here to break the Ice because I'am different I'am a girl going into a mans trade but men should be happy that am playing the gender card. IAM PROUD TO BE A FEMALE IN STEEL TOE CAPPED BOOTS AND HI VIZ VEST.

Steel toe capped boots and hi-viz................Adidas samba and hoodie is the uniform of choice me.

"SAM...SAM.....IS THAT YOU SAM"............Derek Acora's ghost mate..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Strong?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We moved into a house with a gas Aga (I think converted from oil). The extraction pipe is fitted against and runs through an external wall, then up the outside of the external wall. The ducting pipe circumference is about 32cm, so about 10cm diameter. There is no extractor fan in the kitchen. We...
Replies
Views
L
Hello so we have just recently remodeled and I cannot remember if we were experiencing this before in our bathroom upstairs but, there’s a strong gasoline/cigarette smell coming from the pipes I think. It is not there all the time, in fact it went away for 4 days and now it has returned...
Replies
Views
LeAnn Trigg
L
Hi everyone, Gas combi Boiler Mains fed in all taps and shower How do I balance the water pressure in all faucets in my flat. Every tap/water faucet is mains fed but the cold water is really strong in every tap that if I open the tap fully it flies out like a fountain but the hot water is not...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, My tenants were experiencing uneven pressure and temperature from the shower. Plumber advised that we replace the shower which we did. Now we have good temperature but the pressure is still uneven. The shower starts full mains pressure then after about 2 minutes it drops right away and there...
Replies
Views
T
I booked a plumber to fit a wall mounted sink in my bathroom, but when his fitter took the old sink out the wall wasn't strong enough to support it. Fair enough, but before telling me it was no good he got his fitter to try fitting the sink. This rendered the sink unreturnable and now he expects...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock