Search the forum,

Discuss Steam box in shower gushing water in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

We have a monstrosity of a shower which has all these unnecessary features, like jets and steam. The steamer hasn't worked in years, but recently the little steam box at the bottom of the shower has started gushing water when the power is turned on. I don't need the steam to work, but I would like to stop the running water as I'm sure it's leaking into the back of the shower as well. Is this an electrical fault with the shower system? If I just closed off the pipe leading to this steam box would that work, or would it cause some kind of pressure to build up?

Video: WhatsApp Video 2020-02-11 at 18.06.38 - Streamable - https://streamable.com/7eq9r

Reply to Steam box in shower gushing water in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning. I’m not a plumber but a homeowner trying to figure out an issue with an old steam unit. Basically, we bought an old house a little over a year ago. It has a complicated heating system that includes a steam unit that heats 8 radiators throughout the house (4 on the first floor, 4...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Looking for some advice. My mother recently had her boiler changed but in the process the water had to be turned on and off as you would expect and the engineer broke of the handle. Luckily it seems you can close the valve with some pliers on the but I don't believe this is best for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Would welcome your thoughts on this. I'm installing a low level shower tray, over a timber floor. Cast iron soil stack only about a metre away. So far so good. The problem is that the existing 1 1/2 copper connection into the stack (previously serving bath) enters the stack at a low...
Replies
Views
Hello all, So been having somewhat of a time with my Aqualisa Quartz 9.5 electric shower. A few.month ago I put up with a few problems it was having and in the end I replaced everything, new engine and new front cover . This was working great for a month or so, but now noticed an intermittent...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock