Search the forum,

Discuss Starting a new business, Where to get stock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Waz350

Hi All,
I have always been interested in plumbing and want to start a trade business from a shop front on a hight street.

I have worked as an accountant for over 10 years now and have decided to change my career path. My cousin (gassafe registered) and I have decided to go into business but would like some advice on getting stock.

Are there any traders on this forum that can help.

We want to get a business plan together but we really want to know where traders get their stock from.

Waseem

I'm not a trader, but my understanding is that some products will come directly from the manufacturer and other products will come from any of the manufacturer's licensed distributors. You'll need to talk to the manufacturers directly - you'll probably find that there's a handful of distributors dealing with all things plumbing related.

its best to shop around and speak to the manager about your expected turn over etc for what discunt they can offer you

Compare prices to somewhere like BES which is online and they offer good prices but obviously take a day or two to post it out

Avoid your sheds and stick to merchants like CPS, PTS, etc

My accountant told me the 2 best businesses to be involved with were a fish and chip shop or a B&B.

My accountant told me the 2 best businesses to be involved with were a fish and chip shop or a B&B.

Why is that ? good profit? Might need two people to do both jobs at least. I'd Probably end up obese though

Last edited by a moderator:
unacoutable volume forcast, one for you one for me etc.
he actually missed of window cleaner too.

Hey I can understand your question very well and you are looking for plumbing tools at a nominal price so that u can set up a shop and sell it right? Well for this purpose you need to contact the manufacturers of the products. You can just Google the manufacturing companies name and get their contact information.

You will also need to build up a customer base - could try offering members of the forum a nice discount!

Just a comment on your location "High Street", make sure there is plenty of convenient parking or plumbers will not come to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Starting a new business, Where to get stock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock