Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss spot the issues :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

IMG_0016.jpg

Other bloke didn't say anything. And if there was a leak we would know!

Window clearance is AR, bottles not secured, hoses look shagged, no emergency notice attached by regulator or isolation valve for that matter. Not sure if that is an open drain but if it is whoops. Most of those issues apply to the oil storage tank as well!

Window clearance is AR, bottles not secured, hoses look shagged, no emergency notice attached by regulator or isolation valve for that matter. Not sure if that is an open drain but if it is whoops. Most of those issues apply to the oil storage tank as well!

I liked the other lads comments more, coz I got all the quotes mentioned.

Oh and the tank filter was level with the concrete base!! and the filter was blocked, mateys other comment was " can't you just take off the whole valve assembly and pop a new one on"? Mine was *!!(?!? you dingbat, you just had 1000 litres put in the tank.

Dunno what you mean by the above? but I would have jumped a 10mm lever valve onto the pipe work pre filter if you had one. I have had to do a valve change on a tank before when it was full. The bush into the tank split when we were working on it. Never again it was a complete disaster and was covered in oil from head to toe. Thankfully it was on a large concrete drive so mopped up the spillage fairly easily.

I came across a very similar scene with a customer recently. They asked me to connect their new LPG gas hob, and upon arrival found 6 of the same size cylinders on 1 manifold. The customer told me there were 6 because it used to feed a boiler too which was decommissioned before they converted to oil. All the cylinders were next to a drain, oil tank, oil boiler and openable window, I think just about every rule had been broken..

Dunno what you mean by the above? but I would have jumped a 10mm lever valve onto the pipe work pre filter if you had one. I have had to do a valve change on a tank before when it was full. The bush into the tank split when we were working on it. Never again it was a complete disaster and was covered in oil from head to toe. Thankfully it was on a large concrete drive so mopped up the spillage fairly easily.

not referring to filter in photo, but filter on atkins valve coming out of tank at ground level!

Blimey, just look at that moss, you could easily slip over and poke an eye out on the tank dip stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to spot the issues :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was...
Replies
Views
We have issues with the plumbing in our old apartment and we have vibrations in the floor, especially after we have flushed a lot of water like...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if anyone here can help me in resolving this issue. The meter I have stops at 19mbar with 'out of range' message and I cannot use it...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to remove some radiators for redecorating and went to try and shut off the valves either side of my rad. I have TRV on one side and on...
Replies
Views
L
I have noticed water sitting on top of the cylinder, appears to be coming up through the insulation and out where the draw off pipe is. We have...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock