Discuss Solderless Just for copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
As this is a plumbers forum, I would guess that most people would say if you cant solder, either use a compression or a pushfit or get a plumber in. I for one would never risk using something like that as you could end up wrecking a house. Capillary fittings are designed to be soldered not glued

I've tested a copper tube and capillary fitting glue in the workshop. I can't remember the brand now because I threw it away after following all instructions, the glue was not set after even 24 hours. It was still tacky but I pressure tested it anyway and it leaked and blew off at 1 bar.

The glue itself was green in colour. I'd never trust such a thing.

All it is epoxy

I've seen some that's supposedly WRAS approved. But I can't see what's wrong with compression or pushfit if you can't solder.

I recently had to use crimp fittings on another site where no hot works were allowed at all - the crimp fittings were extortion the hire of the crimp fitting tool was also expensive, you can make all the pipework up and without crimping them, change as needed but once they have been crimped and if you have made a mistake theres no changing or altering without stripping it all out and thus the crimp fitting you have just used now becomes useless...

speaking from experience!

get a plumber in to solder your joints otherwise use compression or push fit.

I recently had to use crimp fittings on another site where no hot works were allowed at all - the crimp fittings were extortion the hire of the crimp fitting tool was also expensive, you can make all the pipework up and without crimping them, change as needed but once they have been crimped and if you have made a mistake theres no changing or altering without stripping it all out and thus the crimp fitting you have just used now becomes useless...

speaking from experience!

get a plumber in to solder your joints otherwise use compression or push fit.

Where did you get your kit from also what were the prices ?

Where did you get your kit from also what were the prices ?

Plumb centre with no account so initial payout was expensive - 15mm - 22mm around £1.80-3
35mm around £8-12
42mm easily around £16-20

Probably could get them cheaper off the net!

R.E.M.'s pipe crimper from HSS around £100 for a weeks hire - because I don't hire much from HSS I didn't get too much of a discount!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Solderless Just for copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
Bungalow built in 2001. All copper pipework (water and heating) runs in channels of expanded foam polystyrene between a concrete floor and OSB...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if I could have some advice please. I have a rental shepherds hut with an outdoor copper bath. I expect to close down for winter...
Replies
Views
Gents, It finally happened. A developer has asked for a price for the entire house to be fitted in copper with press fitting...... Does anyone...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock