Currently reading:
Smelly toilet

Discuss Smelly toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starletman

Hello all,today i changed the manhole cover on my septic tank as the old one was rusted to nothing and since putting the new one on my toilet has become very smelly,even though the water level is good.The septic tank is not full but all around the cover was very overgrown,there is a vent pipe next to the cover and i didnt check if it was blocked or not any suggestions.

If you are getting smells in your loo/bathroom then one of your water traps is failing. It could be that the wc water level was to low (hence flush your toilet, the simplest things first - refill the wc trap) or the bath basin traps are failing through siphoning out, water is wicking out of the trap due to long hair and sediment sitting in the trap and allowing this to happen or even the action of flushing another loo/empyting a bath etc sucking water out of your trap. If all the traps are working ok you cant get gases backing up your pipework. Otherwise your ventpipe for the septic tank may be to close to your house and the gases are getting in that way.

Oh genius is my second name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Smelly toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock