Discuss Silicone Sealant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LeakyNick

Hi

Anyone know the best way to remove silicone sealant from ceramic tiles?

....having a nightmare with elbow-grease.

Leaky

i find the only thing that works with silicone is a stanley blader.

Double edge safety razor blade if the tiles are smooth. I always save my used ones as they are still plenty sharp enough to remove silicone.

I use nothing else than my 1 1/2'' scraper a very stiff one that dont bend, it has an edge on it also.
It chops plaster, bricks, tiles, wood, prybar...... Its my wonder tool. No idea where it came from or where to get one when it gives up?.
But will remove silly of a bath in around 10 minutes in all, no fail.

and dos'nt dig in or take the gell cote of the acrylic either!.

Last edited by a moderator:
As said...a stanley blade works wonders along with a packet of trade wipes, the ones from Wickes are about the best i found & i tried them all! They are also brilliant for cleaning up after applying fresh silicone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Silicone Sealant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, does anyone know why the water only fills 1/3 of the way please?
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock