Search the forum,

Discuss side outlet toilet bowl in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWheating

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
has anybody fitted one of these side outlet pans by H.M. James and sons?? was it a simular size to the old one you removed?

i have a very old pan to replace which is a side outlet low level like the one pictured. i cant move the drain so can either replace the pan with this or use a standard rear outlet and bent pan con which would be alot cheaper but may move the pan forward somewhat.

the drain i need to connect to is in the floor just to the side of the pan, the existing pan has a bent pan con pointing down into the drain position. Tried to get the guy to move the drain but this is going to be a cheap as possible jobbie.

small_311170.jpg

BATHROOM CERAMICS LOW LEVEL P TRAP LEFT HAND TURN WC BOWL

Last edited:
If its for the simple solution. not the most attractive but -
what about using an angle flexi??
or am I not reading it right?
ae235

thats prob the best option tbh maybe apart from this pan. the current pan sits in front of the bathroom door and you have to squeeze past it into the bathroom. Worse shaped bathroom ive seen in a while, i was just looking for anybody who may have fitted one of these pans for opinion really. if it could save 2 inches it would be a good thing.

bathroom is an L shape, its about 1.1m wide

ifb the drain is to the side my guess is it was originally a two piece pan bnot sure if they are available any more

Johnsons continued to make a turned outlet pan in their "Trentline" range for ages after everyone else stopped doing them. That pic looks like the old Trent design - so maybe they sold the moulds to whatever asian supplier is making the H M James product?

Johnsons continued to make a turned outlet pan in their "Trentline" range for ages after everyone else stopped doing them. That pic looks like the old Trent design - so maybe they sold the moulds to whatever asian supplier is making the H M James product?

It says on there website the make there own sutff and mentions there klins in the history bit.

know much about them ray?

there shop is in the romford rd ive never seen any sign that they make anything there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to side outlet toilet bowl in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock